I had diarrhea for more that few dazs so I went to mz doctor. I also had an upset stomach. My doctor told me that I was probably infected with Slamonella. I would like to know more abou this.

Salmonellosis ranges from the common Salmonella gastroenteritis to enteric fevers which are life-threatening febrile systemic illness. They require prompt antibiotic therapy. Salmonella gastroenteritis have diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever for symptoms. Pathogenic salmonellae ingested in food survive passage through the gastric acid barrier. They invade the mucosa of the small and large intestine and produce toxins. This invasion stimulates the release of proinflammatory cytokines which induce an inflammatory reaction. The acute inflammatory response causes diarrhea and can also lead to ulceration and destruction of the mucosa. It is important to know that the bacteria can disseminate from the intestines to cause systemic disease. Salmonellosis should be considered in any acute diarrheal or febrile illness, even without an obvious cause and the diagnosis is confirmed from clinical specimens, stool or blood.