My friends and I all smoke pot and are 16-18 years old and all of us have terible back pain and we were woundeering if it was because we smoked a few joints a day? Thank you for your time and I would really appriciate if you answered 'back'. Maigan :P

ya umm i smoke pot very often (all the time)..and um ya i have back pain too..but i think its just cuz i pop it all the time and have ppl walk on it and do others things that are bad from it..also you might just have bad postures..i know when i smoke i get pretty laid back and so that might be the problem..well anyway i dont think its related to the actually intake of marijuana because if anything it should just make you feel better.

i recently had to quit smoking pot just about 100% due to an effect i cant find info on anywhere, it would make my muscles ache unbearably and exagerate all the other pains of my body and once in a blue moon id experience severe lower body tremors almost like shivering from hell to the point where i once had to pull over because i couldnt drive and sat there for 10 minutes screaming it hurt so bad. i always thought pot was suppose to be a pain reliever and thats the only thing i can find info on but for me its the exact opposite. any ideas why this might be happening? i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago and may possibly have lupus but would that make any difference?

I HAVE HOrrible pain when i smoke, when i smoke i cant chill....myh eyes my ears every thing,and those are my exact words it exagerats any pain i cant take it.....a couple years ago this didnt happen i dont smoke but 2 a week a month year and therem maybe we can figure something out

stop smoking.....thats fine but WHY! am i the ONLY one besides now the other guy,do i feel pain when i smoke .....i ligt up 2 sec later every thing hurts i cant stop talking i am bipolar but this didnt happen till the past year before that i would get the munchies feel funny and laugh like normal WHY? is some now wrong with me ....im 19 maybe i have lupus now or something....and weed is saposeed to make this disease better not worse

I quit smoking pot about several years ago because everytime I smoked it my back hurt. I recently have smoked it about 1 month apart at a get together and I am having the same problem and I am not going to smoke it anymore. I love the initial high but can't stand the hours of pain I go thru after.

I have not know if marijuana causes back pain, but I do know that smoking cigarettes will degenerate spinal disks due to the high nicotine content. Since many people that smoke pot also smoke cigs, I thought this info might be of some use to someone.

Guest wrote:

I got the same thing ,
I use to smoke every day now if i smoke a little , my body especialy my arms hands and shoulders hurt like hell .
It's not real pain but more like cramp or a sort of epelepsie .
My neurodocter did a lot of tests , ruled out epelepsie and sent me home with no result .
Olso nowerdays without the pot i got the same problem , only muts less .
Help me plz

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. I have the exact same thing happen to me when i smoke weed now. It started almost overnight about a year ago and since then I've basically quit. The problem is in that time, I also started drinking coffee here and there and the same with cigarettes. I now have pretty much a sore back all the time and am constantly stretching and getting messages from friends or girlfriends. I know that I have done damage to my back from over the years from poor posture, and a lack of exercise in the last couple of years. As far as weed goes, I've realized that is has to be psychosomatic. I'm going to start taking Yoga classes and going through mental exercise to get my back sorted out and be able to keep recreation pot smoking in my life.

I'll let you know if it works for me.

bexframpton wrote:

heres a solution... stop smoking weed.. and to the guy with lupus.. helll yes pot would make this condition worse.. the only reason people think pot makes you feel good is the fake happy you get off it ... but when you think about it as soon as your high is gone you happy is gone... so try to find heathier ways to be happy.. my friend almost died from pot bc some on laced it and she thought that would never happen to her.. cause she knows the guy she gets it from... but i always said you dont know where he gets it from and look what happend.. would you rather be happy for 2 hours or die? i mean damn

If the drug was legal, the quality could be controlled, eliminating the risks.

as for the back pain, i dont see how it could happen but everybody reacts diffrently to marijuana. it could be the drug itself or something added to it.

i have the same problem. i used to smoke daily for a year, and just yesterday after smoking, my body started hurting so much I almost cried.

after about 2 hours taking some pain relievers i finally got better, but later that night i smoked a little again and it happened all over again.

this morning i woke up with a horrible anxiety and low back pain. i did some exercises and did the hot and cold treatment and now it seems to be calming down again.

i guess this is the end of smoking for me.

This is upsetting, I dont know if I can keep smoking anymore. I never had this issue until about 4 months ago (and Ive smoked for many years), but now the pain destroys the high. Feels like my veins are exploding, my back hurts everywhere, get muscle spasms. My doctor said it was stress, even when I told him about it happening more often when I am stoned. Guess this means I have to live healthier and find another vice.

I've been dealing with the same thing for over a year, I don't really remember when it started. If I only smoke one hit, the pain usually isn't that bothersome. When I combine marijuana with alcohol it seems the pain is even worse.

For those suffering from the same thing, do any of you take pain-killers or other opiates?

I have been smoking up everynight for the past three weeks. For the past three days I am laying in bed suffering from excrutiating lower back pain originating from my innder abdominal region. I tried getting it massaged but the massage does not help, Im popping tylenol#3 like candy and I missed work (I work in healthcare). Does anyone else experience these symptoms?

I am yet another with the same problem. I smoked weed happily for years, perhaps 5-6. Then somehow, randomly i started getting extreme back pain when i smoked. Insane spasms from hell... would take about 3 days to get my back feeling somewhat normal again. I have smoked weed every so often for the last 2-3 years and every time its the same... it ends up causing muscle tension and pain. I guess i will have to quit for good, which is unfortunate, because i really enjoyed the drug before I started getting these symptoms. I would really love to know why this is happening to us? This is literally the only thread/information I could find on the subject. Everything else is promoting marijuana to deal with muscle tension, pain, and spasms. At least we are not alone though. Good luck all.