Exactly 4 weeks ago I got thought I had a "bug" and threw up and had diarrhea. I had mild nausea and diarrhea for about a week before beginning to have stomach pains in my upper abdomin. The pain is worst right before bed time and doesn't let up for 3-4 hours. 4 weeks have gone by, while the stomach pain has lessened a bit, the nausea and chills remain each morning. My doc has giving me Nexium, but thinks this is just a virus. I have never heard of a month-long virus before. I am 41 years old and weighed 221 three weeks ago. I now weigh 204. I am concerned that this is no virus.

Hi, I am done here in North Carolina having the same problem. I have lost about 14 pounds in the course of 3 weeks. It started out in late November with a runny nose, and then after that severe Nausea.
Here we are in mid-December and the Nausea seems to come back and hit me every now and then. Doctors told me its just a stomach virus, bit I dont know. Good luck to you.

I have had the same thing .. it started 2 months ago... i got sick, vomitted a couple times, watery feces, and its gone in 2 days, but has repeated itself 4 times.. people around me have had the same thing but theres dont repeat... Im thinking I am being reinfected.. I had it again last night.. tomorrow I will lysol my entire house..

I am having the same thing - about 4 weeks ago started with runny nose for 2 or 3 days, then symptoms of cold and sinus. A week ago had a severe migraine then now bouts of diarrhea started, this morning stomach pain. Cycling through on 2nd round now.

Our house is going through that very same thing as well. First started as a stomach virus with vomitting, diarhea, aches and pains for about 2 days. Right after that (like next day) red eyes and sinus back up. Now its been a week of the sinus issue and just yesterday we all had stomach issues again - vomit, diarhea, severe abdominal cramping. The abdominal cramps have been the worst of all! They seem to linger for days even when it seems the virus has past. I dont know what is going on! Anyone else know?

The first round of stomach virus hit us after Thanksgiving. Friends and other family members had it too so thought nothing of it. Second round came before New Years just as the last of it was working its way entirely though my family ... first my son, then my daughter, husband and lastly me. So, by the time it started again, we never really had a break from someone being sick with it. Symptoms vary, but all included stomach pain, chills and watery stools. Vomitting for some of us. Again, mid Jan, the third round hit and we were starting to fear we had more than just a virus circulating but a "bacteria" of some kind. Took kids to the Dr and found no bacteria in blood work. Symptoms died down again, and now the end of Feb has brought us the same thing ... through the entire family again. Now, I've been told it is related to the fact that we just moved from a warm weather climate (FL) to a cold (IN) so we were NEVER exposed to these ongoing strands or viruses. The kids never once. Can it be incubating in our house? ... I'm a clean freak and using Lysol and even some bleaches to clean ... am I missing something?!?!? We just can't break the cycle!!!!! HELP!

I have had this stuff since February. I lost 7 pounds. Felt okay, then it came back again, if I am not sick, my son (18) is sick, I think it is just a really bad virus. I am going to lysol too. Boil bedding. My husband has a healthier immune system. He only got it once. I don't have any sick leave left so I look like roadkill sitting, teaching...hard to stay standing and I carry a plastic bag in my pocket between runs to the bathroom.

My Mom and I have the same thing. GOt it a month ago, sinus headaches, nausea diarrhea, its better, but still not gone. What's the deal?

I have the same thing. I got hit hard with it about three weeks ago and have not had a day since where I don't have stomach pain and diarrhea at least once. What gives? This must be a really strong virus. I clean my house with bleach products at least twice a week, so I know it isn't a bacteria that is getting passed around.

My son has been vomiting for 2 weeks keeping solids down- most of the time - drinks more of a problem. The dr's think it is a virus!!! I have never heard of a virus going on this long before????

i got the same sh*t. has it gone away for anyone yet?

My kids and husband started getting sick about a month ago right after Thanksgiving. They have had vomitting, and stomach pain. Instead of watery diarrhea, they are having soft, frequent, foul smelling stools, that are pale in color. I thought this would be over in a couple of days but here we are a month later and my oldest daughter still can't eat without having to run to the bathroom afterwards. I'm starting to think this isn't just a virus. Is anyone else having these strange stools?

Oh my Gosh!!! Everyone on this post has made me feel a lot better in the knowledge that I am not alone in this. I have been showing the same symptoms (of recurring stomach like flu and sinus) for nearly 3+ years now. I have tried blood tests, poop tests, urine tests and been given super strong antibiotics and nothing seems to work!!! I am so over being sick!!! It is driving me and my loved ones crazy and non of the Doctors seem to know what it is (some say its a virus and others just say its in my head and I must have a sensitive stomach etc). Am pinning my hope now on a Naturopath giving me a straight forward answer and solution. IN the meantime if anyone else gets a straight answer as to how to get rid of this thing - then please let us know!!! PLEASE!!!!!

I had the same exact issue show up one month ago. I finally gave up and went to the ER on the 28th and they ran a bunch of test on me, blood, xray,stool, urine. Gas flow normal, all blood work normal and I even looked it up online and studied it myself to make sure, I felt so bad with this that I didn't believe nothing would show up. I also double checked urine sample which also turned out totally normal.

Your blood/urine/ stool normally show something if you have a virus. Whatever this is leaves no trace.

NOTHING shows abnormal, also, want to know whats weird, no virus showed up in the stool that was tested. No virus, no problems, no nothing. I have had stomach problems back and forth for a long time, MILD stomach issues.

Then this, WHAM out of nowhere, within 4 hours of onset I was really ill. Now, I take pepto bismol EVERY day just to get through a work day. My stomach pain is in line with the belly button to the right side. When the pain goes away I get the runs, bad. I have to throw a bunch of food down that I know calms it and take a bunch of pepto to stop it.

I am now in the works to getting my doctor to find out what the heck is going on.

I have had stomach viruses like everyone else, but, I have never seen any virus last a month, much less more then 2-3 days for me personally.

I think it's a big enough deal that the government or FDA should be looking into why 1 out of 5 that get this keep it. I have a few people at my work that got it around the same time and some of them have had it 6 months. Their scared and they don't understand whats going on, doctors cannot explain the problem even with scopes or imaging of any kind.

Very freaked out by this and I believe it's time they give out some answers.

I agree with all of the posts regarding the recurrence of these symptoms. In my case, my eyes and throat get abnormally irritated and usually occurs at night. It is disturbing to know how many people have been affected with these same symptoms (for years) and continue to work through it. As the previous post suggests; where are our public officials regarding this major health issue affecting so many people?! The lack of information from my health care providers is sad to say the least considering I am in perfect health, otherwise. If the government wants to socialize health care - and convince everyone it is for their benefit - then try to tackle a health care malady like this virus that shows people that the government CAN DO SOMETHING that is meaningful and beneficial!