I have a sharp pain on my left side near my belly button that comes and goes. I also feel sick on my stomach for a little while, that also comes and goes. It has been bothering me for about 2 weeks now. I have a doctors apt. soon, but would you happen to have any idea what this could be ?

Do you happen to have a diarrhea or constipations? Does these pains have anything to do with going to the toilette quite often or it’s just pains. Do you think it is linked to some problems with bowels? You just haven’t stated enough facts so I can’t be precise with what this could be, so I think it’s good you are having the appointment with your doctor, he would examine your stomach in a professional way and would give you a few hints about what you should do.
Have you maybe eaten something that didn’t do you good and is making you troubles in your stomach? Well, since the pain you feel is sharp, I guess it has nothing to do with food poisoning or anything similar, this condition would be accompanied with vomiting and even high temperature. I would also suggest you asked your doc if this could be a diverticulistis, as its symptom is the abdominal pain, you could feel tenderness around the left side of the lower abdomen. This condition can cause more serious complications so it requires a proper and immediate treatment!

What were the results from your doctors appointment???? I'm having the same pains but mine have been lasting for over a year and a half and the doctors can't figure it out.

My daughter has the same thing. It has been on and off for years but much more frequent lately.

She has had x-rays, ultrasounds and blood work and everything has come back "Normal". It is driving us crazy. We have a referral to a gastroentrologist but the appointment is still over two months away.

I wish the doctors could move faster.

I've been having sharp pains on the left of my belly button for months and now also starting on the right, they come and go, sometimes they are really painful and last hours or a day, sometimes it comes lightly and goes away within minutes, somedays i don't have it at all... also i noticed that if i push my belly out it usually makes the pain worse, anybody else notice this???
i had a cat scan xrays all kinds of things not only for this, and it was all normal... but i do also have bowl problems and supposedly Endometriosis, so i have daily pains in my pelvic area, but i don't know how that'd have anything to do with pains by my belly button!!! nobody knows what's wrong with me, siggghh... :-(

I also have the same thing!
mine only started about a week ago though...
i felt like i had acid in my stomach for 2 days... and then it went away
and now i have small stabbing pains on the left hand side of my belly button... anyone been to the doctor and found out what it was yet?

Oh my gosh... I'm experiencing this now myself.

1-2 inches to the left of my belly button... a soreness that turns into a sharp pain... when I press on the sore spot it HURTS... like it's very tender.

Sometimes the pain/sore spot is about an inch down from my belly button and an inch over and sometimes closer to my belly button.

I've had IBS-C for over 20 yrs now.. but I'm not constipated now.

What is in this area? Just intestinal tract?
I'm female and post menopausal...no HRT.

I feel this mostly in the evenings, sometimes during the day.

I'm just writing this for others who may find this thread with this pain.

I've had the same type of pain as described by the person above.

It is on the left side, mid abdomen, a couple/few inches to the left of the belly button. The pain developed there when I was 12. The doctor pretty much didn't believe me after a few tests.

The area is tender to the touch. The skin is not hot or warm or swollen, and I have no symptoms of anything else. If I push on that area enough, it hurts for awhile, then goes back to normal.

It's been this way for 2o.

okay, i've been having these pains for years now.
every doctor has told me that it is probably just "gas" or "spastic colon". no one has ever come up w/ a solution and it's scary to me!!
like everyone else- please someone respond if they have any clue what's going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had hurnia surgery about 2 yrs ago and a sore developed next to the incision on the right side of my belly button. i had it byopcyed twice and it said it was a cronic ulcer with fibroces. I went to a plasic surgeon and she cut it out and it seemed to heal fine til about a month later the sore came back but in a differant place next the where the other one was. can anyone let me know what i should do now. Please email me at ****

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

I have a similar pain. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and I have had this pain for a couple of weeks now. Going to the doctor tomorrow. If i find the spot and push on it it really hurts, and is very tender. It is right at my pant line. Sounds pretty similar to everyone elses pain.

A week ago I was having a tummy ache similar to that but then the doctors found out I have UTI so we all thought my stomach ache was caused by the infection. After a week on Ciprofloxacin I had a follow up checkup and my UTI was gone but the pain is still there.

No findings on CBC and Ultrasound. At first I thought it was appendicitis but the doctor said it would reflect on my CBC. The pain occurred on different areas of the abdomen, comes and goes, sometimes dull sometimes sharp, sometimes lower right navel, sometimes left, sometimes at the back, but most of the time near the belly button. Everything about me is normal so the doctor said I may be a gas bubble circulating within my intestine. He gave me Omeprazole and antiflatulent for my medication for 2 weeks. I'm on my 2nd week now but the pain is still there though occurring less. Anyway I'm gonna see my doctor again if after the meds if I still feel pain.

My daughter is 12 and we have been experiencing this for 5 years. We have come to call the episodes, "flairs". Nothing preceeds them, they are not predictable and everyone is stumped. Her symptoms may also be accompanied by constipation, diarhea, vomiting and fatigue at times. She has had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, constrast xrays, blood work, we did a test where she swallowed a small pill that had a camera in it and it took pictures through the whole digestive process, we have tried dietary suggestions, ie, no dairy, no wheat etc. NOTHING has worked, there is no explanation. We've been to Peds GI at Loma Linda Children's hospital in ca, they performed many of the above tests, and no one knows what this is. One doctor wondered if this is stress related, or "in her head", or an eating disorder, none of which are true. She is also very thin. She eats normally and often alot, so I personally don't think it has anything to do with digestion. She is in a flair tonight for the first time in 6 months and out of desperation, I just googled this and here we are. I would gladly take on these symptoms for her if I could, sometimes we both just cry. I need answers...I thought we were over it, and now its back! Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate to help her....

:-D i was diagnosed with acid reflux and gastritis disease a little over a year ago and i was having the same symptoms as you are now it would come and go i also lost over 40 pounds because i couldn't keep anything down because i had to much acid in my stomach and everything would get pushed right back up this went on for a month and a half and i went to several doctors before my doctor now diagnosed me with acid reflux disease and gastritis he also said that i had a slight bacterial infection witch is vary common to happen. sometimes you eat something that was not cooked all the way or not properly handle sanitation wise. it could be a number of things but acid reflux disease is also hereditary so asked your family about previous or past stomach conditions in the family. and be careful what you eat to because a lot of fatty, junk and artificial foods can make it worse. i hope that i helped and that you get to feeling better. i take prevacid and it went away you can also get her over the counter prescriptions such as prilosec otc and it works the same as a prescription.

well i have that sharp lil pain that comes and goes right on the left side of my belly button.I domt think that i have ever had it before!!!!!!!!! WEIRD %-)