I had an endometrial ablation just about a year ago. Cramps are coming back with a vengeance. I am starting to have accidents again. I am still wearing mulitple forms of protections since the ablation and still no relief from the bleeding. My periods are still 7 to 10 days long. I have since lost my insurance. Why is this still happening if I had an ablation. It's no better than it was before the surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Thank you.

Endometriosis means that the tissue from the inside of your uterus is overgrowing outside its normal place, but it still has the same qualities as the regular endometrial tissue has - under the influence of hormones, it breaks apart and causes bleeding with each of your menstrual cycle. Ablation took care of the tissue outside the uterus at that time, but since than, I'm afraid, it has started to grow again and again has spread. Doctors don't really have the cure for this, other than ablation, stopping the period with birth control pills or painkillers.

I was on birth control which made it worse. Percoset didn't even help the pain. They ruled out everything and can't figure out what is causing me to bleed so much. I don't have endometrriosis they already checked for that. I begged for a hysterectomy but the insurance co refused it. Now at this point I don't have insurance but I will be getting insurance next month and I can go find another docotr near where I live. I never planned to have children and don't want any so I really don't know why they won't do the hysterectomy if I have kived with this since I got my period at age 10. I have had to suffer through accidents my whole life and it sucks. I can't even tell when I'm going to start my periods. I don't always get cramps until after I start so very diff to gauge. Thanks for the reply though.