Hello, folks. I have just returned from my flight. I flew to Asia due to my business there. I must admit that I felt serious vertigo after flying. Can anyone tell me what this is all about? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Vertigo is another word for dizziness. It is probably that you have experienced barotrauma. It is a trauma of the ear caused by the changes in air pressure. It can happen after flying, but diving as well. You should definitely visit an ENT specialist. He will see how much your ear is damaged. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. That is why you should visit a specialist. Good luck!

Hello to you too. You cannot make equal simple dizziness and vertigo. Vertigo is much more serious. It is a persistent condition. Barotrauma usually appears when the plane is descending. This change in pressure can create vacuum in the middle ear. It can turn eardrum inwards. This causes pain and vertigo. I hope you’ll be all right. Bye!

Hi, guys. I think that you should definitely consult an ENT specialist instead of guessing. Sometimes barotraumas can be serious. If it is severe, eardrum can rupture. Air travelers commonly report barotrauma. It will more likely affect travelers with cold or some other kind of infection. Usually, they complain on ear pain which you haven’t mentioned. Maybe it is only a false alarm. Just in case, let it be checked. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!