Hi, guys. I have been experiencing lately some vertigo and I don’t know what to do. My mother also suffered from this. I was wondering if this is in any case hereditary or not. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Thanks in advance for all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Vertigo can be caused by damages in the inner ear. Those causes are peripheral. However, the causes can also be in the central nervous system. Those would be: vestibular nerve, brainstem and cerebellum. In some cases, the exact cause is unknown. There are some studies that show that vertigo can be hereditary. However, I am not familiar with the details. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, there. I think that even experts are not sure whether it is hereditary. You should really see that with an expert. In any case don’t leave it untreated. Sometimes the cause of vertigo can be serious. You should visit an ENT specialist. He will recommend you therapy and maybe exercise. I know that my aunt was recommended this few years ago. She had similar problems. Bye!

Hello, guys. I would agree with the previous posts. Vertigo can be caused by various factors. Maybe some of them are hereditary. I would recommend you to visit a specialist. Sometimes vertigo passes on its own. Maybe you’ll be lucky. I hope this helps. Good luck with all! Bye!

Sorry to hear about the vertigo. I have it pretty bad and my mother always had it but she thought it was because of her high blood pressure. I have a 17 year old girl whom has had it for a ear now. I have been though about every hearing, bal. test and scan you could think of and they still cant find out whats causeing it. hope you fair better then us.

I have been experiencing dizziness myself, I went to the doctors and found out that I have vertigo and found out that it is hereditary. I doctor prescribed Meclizine for me which is a motion or travel sickness medicine. you can buy it over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy store.

Yes vertigo is hereditary, I have a brother that has vertigo also. We are trying to find out if it is from our father's side of the family or our mother's side of the family.

I had vertigo a few years ago, today I am surprised to learn my son 45 yrs is in the hospital with vertigo, hearing loss in one ear and ringing. A few months ago my daughter was diagnosed with a acoustic neuroma. Yet, another daughter had the same a few years ago. If this is not a hereditary I wonder what is. This is interesting. Anyone else with this in their family?

My grandmother had a severe car accident years ago and has vertigo from that.. My mother has vertigo to.. but it just happens.. Now i am wondering if i myself as my moms daughter if i will develop it to.. learning my grandmother has several health problems and it seems like my mother has the same issues.. Will it all be passed down to me?

My 96 year old mother suffers from Vertigo and gets treatments that dislodge calcium deposits in the middle ear. I'm 66 and just had my first Vertigo experience. Sounds like a genetic connection to me.

Yes it is