need help have had dizziness for over a week becomes worse when lying down expecially on my back or right side back of head feels heavy and the top of head feels stretched been sick for 5 weeks with viral and bacterial infections and have normal blood counts been of decongestants and antibiotics haved been tested for mono normal

did you ever figure out what was going on? I have similar stuff.

I have very similar symptoms. Did you find out what was causing it. Did you see an ENT specialist?

Old thread but may be useful to someone.I had something similar recently and just avoided resting the back of my head against anything while sleeping or sitting up-eg.sleeping with the side of my head on the pillow leaving the back of my head clear.It must of been an interference in the balancing part of the brain through pressure from resting against that area.

i am having some of these symptoms too. when i lie down on my side, the head feels heavy on a side..i am not sure if its the left or right. then when i bend downwards to pick up things from the ground, i get an odd pain accompanied by heaviness on the lower back of my head. also sometimes when i am walking i get these mild aches here and there in my head, as if there was something heavy inside. i am 22 and am really worried. i hope it's nothing serious. does anyone have any idea wats wrong with me?

I have this problem, too. When I lie down at night and rest the back of my head on anything, it feels "tight" and I develop vertigo. To the person who had something similar, what did you do and what happened?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS WAS TOLD THAT THIS IS RELATEDTO COPD AND EMPYSEMA. IT IS CAUSED BY LACK OF OXYGEN TO BRAIN AND ALSO CAN BE CAUSED BY ANEMIA. SO IF YOU SMOKE...QUITT...THAT IS NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS...

I too feel heaviness at the back of my head and up to the back of my neck. It comes with an elevated blood pressure and after a couple of months, heaviness in chest occurred... :'(

This sounds like what I have experienced. Dizziness when lying down. I was told it was BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positionsl Vertigo. It's benign and should go away on its own.

Although I was told that it will go away on its own, I am treating it as a possible inner ear infection by using a product called "Ear be Well" and I taking herbs for vertigo (Betony and others) and I am doing the P6 pressure point. It's on the inside of the arm about 2 inches down from wrist.