Hello! I have a 6 months old baby girl and I am thinking of flying to Australia to my sister’s wedding with her. I have never even flown before and honestly I am a bit scared of it, but my baby flying worries me even more. What do you other moms think about flying with your baby?

Hi! I must say that when my daughter was baby we flew for several times to visit my relatives that live abroad. But never did I fly so far as you plan too! You didn’t write where you are from but I assume that it will take you a lot of time to get to Australia and you will probably have to change flights. Honestly my flights were direct and only 3 hours long and I really had little problems. My baby cried a bit on taking off and landing because of the ear pressure, and she was a bit loud during flight, which I was used to but it annoyed some other passengers. Giving bottle to your baby during lift-off and landing will help her feel less pain caused by ear pressure but since your flight is going to be so long I guess you have to be ready for more problems. Maybe someone else can tell you about flying such a long distance with a baby. Anyone?

Hello! I did fly trans- oceanic flights with my baby and I have an advice for you: buy your baby a seat! As you know your baby may travel for free till the age of two but I wouldn’t recommend it. When she has her seat she is safer, she will be calmer, and you will be free to have a meal or take a walk or go to the toilet. I know that money can be an issue, but if you can afford it - do it!