I was wondering if anyone takes abilify and seroquel together? I take seroquel and it makes me tired, and my doc wants me to take ablilify now, and it makes me wired to where i cant sleep at all. so i was wondering if anyone out there takes seroquel at bed time and takes abilify during the day? is it possible? if so im gonna see my doc. I take these for bipolar disorder.

thx.

i take 15mgs of abilify in the morning and seroquil 200mgs at night so yes its definitely possible

I take 30mg abilify in the day and it makes me sleepy in the day. At night I take 25mg for seroquel and that puts me to sleep. My doc says I can take both at night but I start to have saliva dropping down my mouth at night. I think both drugs are sedating.

I take seroquel 50mg at night for sleep, 100 was too much, left me drowsy and all, and I take abilify 10mg in the mornings and it's not going poorly. They are both sedatives but I haven't really experienced being sedated by the abilify. I was skeptical about the match as well but there aren't any problems so far.

I take Seroquel 50 mg at night and 0.5mg of Abilify at night.
I barely take a normal dosage of Abilify because it gives me "severe" headaches and nausea.
I am skeptical about taking these two drugs together, but the low dosage of Abilify seems to prevent the hideous side effects (and I mean hideous).

I was wondering if it was safe to take 1mg of abilify and 50mg of seroquel together?

I take 150mg of Seroquel at night and came to this dosage after 3 years of adjusting it up or down. Seroquel causes me to be lethagic and just out of it at a higher dose. I also take 100mg of Lamictal in the morning.

A doctor suggested I added abilify in Sept. 2009 due to a major depression I was in for almost 3 years. Abilify actually lifted this depression which was a miracle but it took 1 year to get down to workable dose because the side effects for me are extreme with insomia, restlessness and agitation. The doctor actually had to add 2 more medications to counteract these side effects because I was not willing to stop Abilify and risk getting back into the depression.

It helped me to create a spreadsheet to track medication dosage, start date and how it made me feel. If you encounter problems it's just easier to tell doctor if you have stuff documented because for me it was a very long 6 year process trying different mixes of med's to find what worked.

My diagnosis is Bipolar 1. I used to take 100 mg of Seroquel and 7.5 mg of Abilify at night. When I did, I didn't feel as tired as I did with only the Seroquel. I experienced side effects that were very alarming, rapid heart rate, agitation and restlessness. My doctor told me it was not a panic attack, only a side effect of hypo-mania. One week ago, I was prescribed 1 mg of Cogentin to help with the Abilify. My doctor also had me separate the two meds and take Abilify in the AM. Now, I am still anxious after taking it and by noon I am starving. I have always gained weight on psychotropic meds, have dry mouth, and agitation. To me, why take a medication with these side effects and one more medication to fix them.

Sorry you are having difficulties.  Fine tuning meds is tedious and can be overwhelming.  I just started 50/100 mil of Abilify in the morning and 100 of seroquel (titrating up).  So far it is helping a lot with the depresssion and agitation, althugh I have had some problems sleeping.  I'd give it several weeks before making a final judgments.  The Abilify can take up to 12 weeks to fully integrate.

Good luck

Hi have taken seroquel 400/600mg since 2005 and for the past month could no sleep. switched to abilify and still cannot sleep so now taking 100mg seroquel + 10 mg abilify and sleeping better. Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow to review, will ask if I can up either or both, though do not want to take high dose of seroquel hence weight gain!! Hope this can help. Contact me again tomorrow once I have seen my psyc if you want. Though obviously always better to see your own consultant - Catherine (London uk) Treatment for bipolar disorder - Bye

I had similar problems... They took me off ability cuz it was called akathesia or something from the abilify. It makes your heart race.

Can I ask please, were you taking the 400/600 mg Seroquel for Schizophrenia? I have Schizophrenia and I am thinking of trying Seroquel and Abilify together but im not sure what doses to take. I have previously taken 600mg Seroquel.

I take 200 mg of Seroquel for Bipolar - used to take 15mg of Abilify. My doctor slowly weaned me off it since I suffered severe insomnia, twitches in my hands, and my heart raced.

Based on my own experience, Seroquel and Abilify should NOT be taken together.  

Seroquel often causes dry mouth and difficulty swallowing.  Abilify often causes anxiety and wakefulness instead of sleep.

The two together can cause a sleepless night.  

I have been on abilify 10mg and seroquel 100mg combination for two days. Both are prescribed to me once at night. I have been restlessly sleeping for 15 hours a day. I also take lamical 50mg twice at day and night. My doctor also prescribed me akineton 2mg to take twice per day to counter side effects of abilify but have been having trouble to get hold of this drug. Hopefully once i take it, it would relieve my symptoms of restlessness.