My doctor has prescribed 1/4 of a 25mg table of Seroquel to help me sleep. I usually have 2 or 3 mixed drinks a day but DO NOT take the Seroquel if I have had a drink. Are there really serious complications if I should mix the two?

dont worry... i take seroquel 3x a day at 100mg and 300mg at night and drink all the time (like 15 beers) my life is screwed up, but i'm not dead... yet.

25mg? Are you serious? I take 300mg 2x a day and 600mg at night. I think you'll make it.

300mg puts me down for about 10 hours, 150mg seems to have the same effect as 300mg. 25mg-75mg is fairly easy to stay awake on.
Must be concentrating on staying awake to stay awake on 100mg.

Seroquel produces a quicky comatose state, too much produces long term coma or death, and unfortunately, does not block out awareness of physical pain or discomfort. I would rather be on cloraform.

Mixing with alchohal seems to make no difference.

Wish I could get proscribed anphetemines and opiates instead.

Psychiatry sucks.

I drink all the time and I take 200mg a day. I also take 3mg or Klonopin a day as well, and those are more likely to kill you when you drink than seroquel since benzodiazopines suppress the gag reflex. So if you drink too much you can' throw up to get it out of your system and you could get alcohol poisoning. Yeh most anti-psychotics and mood stabilizers are okay with alcohol, but whats the point of taking the medication if your going to drink anyway. I only take mine to sleep because I did so much meth I can't sleep without a pharmaceutical lullaby.

i take 300mg of seroquel at night plus melatonin for sleep and psychosis reasons. i drink every weekend (and not like, 1 or 2 drinks. get drunk drinking) and i feel fine. you just may get a lot sleepier and sometimes dizzy but it's no big deal

I Take 300 MG 3 times a day, and usually take about 600 at night just to sleep, i drink, smoke pot, and use xannax and percocet on a daily basis, and especially at night to further help sleep, just to stay under for about 17 hours, ive been doing this for about a year now, and the tradgety is, im still not dead, but oh well, i have a hell of a buzz all day everyday, so drink up and still take the meds, youll sleep even better.

by the way i have (in combination w/ abit of willpower;underlying pshycic structure concerned W/ belief in relation to action)been able 2 far surpass the feeling i get from alcohol and not crave it by substituting it w/ weed and drinking coffee or tea instead. i have found in my case weed(pot,marijuana exc.) far superior in treating anxiety and mild symptoms like nausea this may varies person to person but if your already on one or more of these powerful drugs and you haven't tried this god given little plant my advise is get your toke on!

Holy Cow. You are all screwing up the only brain you have. If you have a mental illness, you really shouldn't mess with addictive substances! You need to take care of yourself, for your own sake and the sake of those who love you!

Im going thru depression where im prescribed 75mg of Seroquil to help me sleep.  

i feel ur pain im 20yrs old and have been taking 200mg of seroquel for 2 yrs only to help me sleep, there is nothing else wrong i dont have bipolar or schitzophrenia i hate that im on these things so im not goin to take seroquel anymore.. i binge drink every night ( which often causes me to be sick) and i smoke marijuana too

It is not OK to take Seroquel and Alcohol. Very sadly my brother recently passed away from doing this. He had Seroquel toxicity with alcohol intoxication. He also took quite a mix of prescribed medications he needed to take to sleep and for depression and obsessive compulsion. I know he was trying to find a way out and did not do it unpurpose. He was 50 and wanted to find a way to be happy about life again, but he was so lonely because he was HIV 0 positive for about 10 years and that also limited his lifestyle. Ironically he was very well and under control with the HIV. But it all went down hill when he was retired from the Army, could not find a job, got into financial trouble, started drinking more, got a drinking and driving ticket, a restriction was put on his car which restricted him even more, and then our mom passed away. I wish I would have had the maturity and payed attention more and would have done something more to understand how deep his loneliness went and how much help he needed. He was my best friend and a wonderful wonderful person. I wish he could have heard all his co-workers that spoke of him at his memorial, he helped so much people in his life, he was such a good friend and brother, he probably would have not been so depressed if he heard all the love, esteem and respect people had for him. I wish people would do memorials while people are alive instead of dead and spend the money they do on people when they are alive instead of being able to spend so much money and time and effort when they died. That alone could help people want to live instead of dying. Believe it or not many people out there may love you and would be very very sad if tomorrow you are not here. But you do have to start by wanting to take some sort of step to help yourself to improve, because if you do not help yourself, no matter how much others want to, they will not be able to do so or end up giving up with you. Helping yourselves will start by reducing your drinking as much as you can, to reduce your depression and stop mixing pills and drinking when you know you should not. I wish all of you the best and for those who love your families, think if you would like to see them in your situation and loose them under such sad circumstances, how would you feel?
I hope god helps you find strength to make things better for yourselves and your families. I am so sad my dear brother, my best friend is gone. I hope in god he is happy wherever he is and see him again one day.

You guys are hardcore badasses, but I'm also sure it can't be doing much for depression. I found this post helpful- as a reckless teenager, I have recently discovered the joys of alcohol comsumption. I have smoked weed many times before, and as of yet, it has not affected my medication. Every night I take 900mg Lithium, 150mg Lamictol, and 300mg of Seroquel.

Now, I do NOT plan on taking lithium and Lamictol while intoxicated, but sleeping is a huge issue for me. Without Seroquel, I'm tired but completely incapable of sleep for a few days. It's a problem, I get real loopy.

The first time I got drunk, I went home with my boyfriend and eventually, it was time to sleep. Now I was sleepy early on in the night, but no. Not anymore. He was passed out for 8 hours and I was stuck reading abook I wasn't very interested in.

Good news, no painful hangover. Bad news, my mind was somewhere else all day, and it was no place I wanted to be.

I'm a pretty hardcore chick myself, and next time I decide I want to drink, I'll pop some seroqeul before I go to bed and just hope to not die.

:-D

I take 600mg of Serequel XR and I just had one drink last night and it seriously feels like my head is going to split open.

wow! I take 25mg when I need to sleep and that puts me out for almost two days. :-( I tried to throw it up but I have no idea how fast it's absorbed. I wish I never took it now. How do you guys stay awake on so much? I hate seroquel. How fast is it absorbed? I weigh 45kg so maybe thats why its so strong im not sure.