what happens when sex takes place during periods.

Health Guru
How do you mean what happens?

is it safe 

Health Guru
Its perfectly safe as long as you use a condom like you should always do, you may find it gets a bit messy if she has heavy periods though :-)

There is no problem having sex during your period but it is a personal preference. It may feel a bit different for him and it may be a bit messy if your period is heavy. We have sex on a dark coloured towel during my period. Period blood usually washes out of things. Basically you can do anything you would normally do although you may prefer not to. I hope that helps.

I once had an affair with a woman who had no psyche or physical problems with sex during her periods. I had no problems doing it either. We avoided the heaviest 1-2 days of her period. We used a dark colored towel to catch the blood. It only made it thru to the sheets sometimes. We usually stuck to missionary position because clean-up was simpler. There are a couple of important things from a male point of view. The biggie is to use lots of lubricant. I know this sounds counter-intuitive because there's so much liquid already there. The thing is, menstrual discharge is a poor lubricant. The first time I tried it the head of my penis and my foreskin were raw and sore afterward. From then on a tube of K-Y was always handy. How was it for me, the man? Physically, not all that different once the lubrication problem was solved. But as you may know, sex is mostly in your brain. All the other times we used condoms to catch my ejaculation. These period sessions were the only time I got to squirt my sperm in her vagina. So I got a primal thrill leaving it where nature intended. I still have a mental picture of when I pulled out. My penis was semi-erect. I was rusty red from tip to base including my balls. A white droplet of semen hung from the ruddy tip of my penis. I felt very masculine and full of myself. I'd put my sperm where it belonged as nature intended. I felt like I'd f****d her in the truest sense of the word.