I am a 22 yrs old lady from India with no family history of leukaemia. My brother passed away due to leukaemia. He was diagnosed at the age of 13. He was a normal healthy child but succumbed to pneumonia because proper care was not taken and heavy doses of chemicals and medicine was given to him following which he had excessive sweating and was diagnosed with leukaemia. I am afraid that I may be at the risk of contracting the disease. I had a blood test done in May this year and the report was normal. What are my chances of getting the disease? I can't get this thought off my mind. Someone kindly explain me my case. 

Yes and no.  On a short term basis, you do not need to worry about contracting leukemia since your blood test came back as normal.  The fact that your brother had leukemia may mean that you may be a little more genetically predisposed to the disease than the general population.  But that does not have to be the case.  You should be more concerned about environmental factors such as ionizing irradiation or chemical contaminants in the vicinity where you live.  Say, if the clay that was used to build your house was contaminated with radioactive materials, you may have been exposed to excessive ionizing radiations without even knowing it.  Also, runoff from nearby manufacturing plants could have gotten into your drinking water.  If I were you, I would have the drinking water tested for chemical contaminants.  A Geiger counter will tell you if the level of your background radiation may be too high.  Excessive radon from the soil could have accumulated in your living quarter if it is not well-ventilated.