Hi. I`m 40 years old and have a problem with skin redness. I drink A LOT and my friends say that the alcohol is the cause of my problem. My cheeks and nose, sometimes forehead and chin, are especially red. Is it possible that my red skin problem is caused by excessive drinking? I also have small bumps and white blisters filled with pus. Is there a connection between those pus filled blisters and the redness?

Hi, must say that I`m not sure about alcohol. I have noticed that many people who drink have red cheeks. But, doesn`t have to mean. My brother had the same symptoms, red cheeks and nose, and he was diagnosed with rosacea. It`s a skin disorder followed by inflammation of the blood vessels and skin, which causes the skin redness. First signs of rosacea look like blushing, but as the disease progresses, small blood vessels become permanently enlarged and they appear as red lines on your skin. The cause of that skin disease is unknown. Bumps and pus filled blisters are connected, they are also the sign of rosacea. Some other symptoms are irritation of the eyelids, blood-shot eyes and swelling of the face.