Hello.

Well, I'm twenty years old male. I drink a lot for quite some time. Almost a year now, I've started drinking everyday or everynight, with only four pauses. The first one, it was at the summer and lasted ten days. The second one was Christmas. I drunk only one or two nights back then. The reason I was pausing, was that I had withdrawal symptoms and upset stomach.

Sometimes, even at the summer, when I was starting drinking beer or wine had rapid and strong heartbeats that were gone, when I got drunk. However, for about six months now, I have had experienced such symptoms quite too many times, but I thought they were panic attacks. They were always gone when I was drunk.

The last few days that I am drinking about two bottles of red wine everynight, the symptoms seem to be lasting all day and only go away when I am drunk. A week ago, I had too strong and fast heartbeats and chest discomfort, while I was starting drinking. I was forced not to drink that night and the night after, because of these symptoms. Then, I started drinking, since I had no more sleeping pills. The first day, it was almost okay. The second, worse. The third, even worse.

Today, when I started drinking, I was forced to stop again, because of that chest discomfort. I had it almost the whole day, but not that severely at all. In fact, it didn't even bother me. After a while when I started drinking, I had very fast and strong heartbeats, too much chest discomfort, a pain in the left upper part of the abdominal that spreads almost all the way to the chest that comes just for a second and then goes away and a constant pain in the left side of the neck. Also, I feel dizzy and can't concentrate easily. These symptoms don't seem to stop. Do you think I may be having a heart attack or going to have one? Would valium be good for me right now?

Your symptoms do not clearly indicate a heart attack but there are certain possibilities that you may have some problem in your cardiovascular system along with some other in your GI track / pancreas because of your excessive drinking. Please stop drinking right now and consult your physician at once. Please do not ignore your problem. It may be some other very serious disease because one can not diagnose someone with only these symptoms, there could be many reasons behind all these.

Im in exactly same boat.. Terrified to drink but panic makes me drink.. I really feel 100% the same. Wish there was some way of contacting you to share experiences