My son has myeloid leukemia and he is only 14 years old. He has this condition for 2 months now and I still cannot grasp the fact that he is so seriously ill. Still, we will not give up; we have already started the therapy. What kind of food should someone diagnosed with myeloid leukemia eat?

Myeloid leukemia is a serious condition that should be monitored all the time and always kept under control. This means that your son has to be under some kind of treatment all the time. And that also includes food diet. Actually, there is a specific diet made for myeloid leukemia patients that should help him fight his illness.

Hi, I myself am AML survivor. I will suggest to first discuss this fact with dietitian. Personally I will suggest you to make him eat foods that are easy to digest and rich source of vitamins, minerals and enzymes such as Mung Bean/Fenugreek/Bengal Gram etc. sprouts and also Wheat grass juice (Wheat grass juice helps in boosting platelet count). He should have very positive attitude in mind, and should be determined to defeat the disease.

May almighty bless him.

~Ritesh

Our son Jaymun had a bone marrow transplant for his AML - but relapsed a year later - and after chemo was refractory - sent home with APLASTIC marrow - and ACTIVE CNS disease.

With only a regimen of herbs, spices, and mushrooms - his marrow has recovered, he is in COMPLETE REMISSION.
See www.jaymun.com for the story
- treatment discussion at

jaymun.com/blog/aml-remission-cns-radiation-herbs-20090202.shtml

I would like to suggest you if you are suffering form this problem so I recommend exactly the same is true for our home cooking, when we discard the water we have boiled our potatoes, carrots,broccoli, spinach, peas, green beans, etc. Natural vegetable food is best for that.