I'm a 65 year young women who is diabetic and I was wondering if drinking alkaline water would lower my sugar levels? My friends tell me that drinking alkaline water has many health benefits. I've heard that is can lower high blood pressure and lower blood sugar levels. Is this true? I really just thought that all water was the same. Is there really a difference? I don't tend to drink tap water simply because it doesn't taste or smell very good so I buy bottled water or get reverse osmosis water from the grocery story from their dispenser. What is alkaline water anyway. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm diabetic and have been drinking alkaline water for some time now. I have noticed a difference not only in my blood sugar levels but I feel better.

Alkaline water is made by using electrodialysis which breaks the water into and acid part and alkaline (base) part. It is the alkaline side of this electrodialysis which is the healthy part. It has ionized minerals that you need for your body such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. Experiments have demonstrated that the minerals in alkaline water are much easier to absorb than minerals in foods and alkaline water helps you to absorb vitamins that you take better.

Alkaline water helps to raise the pH of your urine which in turn helps medical conditions such as obesity, high blood sugar levels, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Moreover, it promotes overall health. Alkaline water is far superior to tap water which often contains contaminants that are harmful to you.

Many individuals don't get enough of the proper form of minerals in their diet to support overall health, however alkaline water is one way to combat that. Alkaline water is reported to lower the incidence of cardiovascular disease, aids in weight loss, enhances digestion and increases stamina.

If you are diabetic and experience excessive thirst and drink a lot of water, alkaline water is something you might want to check into. This water allows you to drink more without experiencing bloating and the aches and pains associated with a large water intake. The nice thing is that it tastes good. Hope that was helpful!

Alkaline, ionized water is also amazing in oxygenation of the brain which gives you lots of energy during the day and helps you sleep all night trough and takes away the urge of using bathroom.

Marieta

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am a 55 year old male and have been drinking filtered , ionised alkaline water for a few years now and just been told by my doctor after a fasted blood test that my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels are through the roof , so I don’t take much stock in what you are saying about alkaline water !!!

Diabetes is very concerned health disease. It is necessary to find a successful treatment for this. Pancreas secrets insulin with high pH level and insulin helps to lower the blood sugar level. The alkaline water helps to manage insulin production in the body which helps to lower the blood sugar level. It also helps to neutralize acidic condition.