I know that implanon has been around for a decade or more now, and that it is probably safe to use. But the thought of implanon still scares me a bit. My daughter, who is 16, is looking for reliable and easy birth control and is leaning towards implanon. Is implanon any good for teens, or are there side effects?

i had the implant put in on the 11 nov 2009, after being on the pill for just under a year, my doctors told me to go on the implant due to the pill making me ill and putting me in hospital, but up until recently i have had nothing wrong with the implant and only recently have my periods got really bad and i have been on for over three weeks now but other than that i would say that the implant is a good way for your daughter to go as i was 15 having my implant put in and i didn't have to worry about missing the pill for anything like that

its truley different for everyone. i gotten pregnant when I was 18 and after 6 weeks of waiting after childbirth to have the implanon inserted I had bled for 6 months straight I was an Active Duty Service Member. I thought perhaps that was normal then my periods started to regulate bi-weekly, and now its bi-weekly spotting in between. But up until this last week ( which this would be my 7 days off ) i started three days after getting off my cycle 1st week. I am having severe cramping like not wanting to move to even get out of the bed. Nasua from lower back pain severe migrains. I am now 21 and would like to be the implanon the results are great but it really isnt worth all of the side affects. I think I would personally suggest any young person who is considering this product to be physically active that is when it seems to be less painful on the body. I wouldnt suggest this method for a 16 year for as much as mood swings that already occurs, also it may cause severe depression. I would prefer the pills.

It has been eight months since I've had my implanon inserted. I was 17 when i had it put it. The first couple of months I didn't have a period at all. Now I've had my period for almost two months. I'll bleed for a whole week or more and stop for two or three days then begin again. I have horrible cramps.

i have now been using the implanon for 7 years the first 2 implants that i had, i had very irregular bleeding but this 3rd one that ive had put in is completley different i dont get my period at all no spotting either.. i asked the doctor why its different to the last 2 and she told me that they have changed the formula. i havnt used anything other then the implanon for the past 7 years and ive not once been pregnant nor do i get back pain or stomach pain no mood swings or strange emotions. i would recommend this product to anyone that asked me about it but it is different for every person im just one of the lucky ones i guess