i had the implanon removed in August 2006. (during being on the implant i had a period every 28 days as usual event though thye lasted longer than 7 days). i had a period three days later which lasted 7 days as normal. i had another period in September which came a week later and only lasted 5 days. i am not sure wehter or not having the implant removed has made my periods irregular now. i thought i was supposed to have a period on or around 22 September but as yet i have not had a period. I have done three pregnancy tests which have all come back negative. i am really confused and dont understand what is happenign with my body. I have been feeling nauseus all day, feeling extrememly tired and moody and i have also been urinating more often than usual. Could i be pregnatn or has having the implanon in messed up my body clock?

i had my implanon removed almost 3 weeks ago. although no period has come yet, i had strong cramps as if i was getting ready to start about a week after its removal. i am also trying to conceive and getting extremely frustrated with not having a cycle yet to begin counting days and so forth. I was however informed it was very possible to get pregnant within just a few days after the removal. After about 2 weeks after the removal I started becoming nauseus, having horrible mood changes, sore brests, extreme tiredness and come cramps. i immediatley thought of pregnancy since i had not started a period. Two tests have still been negative. I am going to give it another week or two though and test again in nothing else happens. If you find out any more info I would appreciate it. Hope this has helped!

Hey!

So I'm in a similar situation as well. I had my implanon out on Oct. 14. I got my period on Oct. 23, it was completely normal period, just like the ones I had before I had implanon inserted. It was heavy (just like I normally am) and lasted 6 days, just like usual. I was having sex using a condom meanwhile, but one time the condom came off and I'm not sure if I was exposed to any little spermies or not. %-) Then just a couple weeks after my real period (Nov 11) I started bleeding. It was very light compared to my normal period and lasted a few days (ending Nov 14). It didn't seem like a real period at all, because it was so much lighter than any period I've ever had. I've been soooo tired lately! Just wanting to sleep all the time. I haven't had sore nipples, naseau, or any other symptoms of pregnancy that i know of (which I'm hoping is a good sign)!!! I hope I'm not pregnant! But if I am it's not the end of the world of course. I would find a nice home with loving parents and adopt my baby to them. I'm only 20 years old, a full time student at a university and in no way ready to become a mom.

I hope your situation turned out okay! Please Please update me on whats going on!!!

Thanks!

Well i finally did start my period. and it was completely normal other than the awful pms symptoms that I had! I was almost convinced I was pregant. I did talk to a nurse at my doctors office and she said all of those symptoms and spotting was normal after the removal of implanon. So if i was you I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wait and see how your next period goes. I know that is harder to do than say, but I think you are just experiencing the after effects of implanon. hope this helps! :-D

well i have gotten the implant out of my arm in July. I have not started a period that was normal since then. This is now Decmber and I am only 31 and windering what is going on?????? I only had it in for 3 months beofre I started acting crazy as my husband would say. I ended up in the hospital cause it was making me crazy! I Had it taken out and am feeling great but now have problems with getting prego!!!!!!!!!!

I have had the implanon on two occasions. Once about 5 years ago and i had it removed 1.5 years later, it took me 6 months to concieve and had a very good pregnancy. A few months after my son was born, i was pregnant with my second son- once again fairly uncomplicated (give or take the nausea and being two weeks o/due with both). After my second son, I decided to get the rod reinserted, i think this and post natal depression caused me to go a little nutty Í have called this my Britany Spears'months. I then went on Zoloft, had the rod removed and feeling super. I am unsure about the whole third child thing, but just wanted to let others in my situation know of my experience. Kel

I had implanon in for only 3 months in 2003 when i had terrible mood swings, gained 30kg and had other side effects. I immediately wanted it taken out. Since then, it has been 6 years of trying for a baby with still no happy result. I firmly belive that implanon is a direct result in my difficulty in conceiving.

I had the implanon in for 3 yrs from 2004-2007, i had it taken out in May 2007 and conceived in Aug 2007, had my baby boy May 2008! All worked well for me so i had it put back in after his birth and on fri had it taken out again in the hope to conceive again! fingers crossed it all works well again! I dont think that implanon would be the cause of any difficulty in conceiving-but thats just my experience :-D

i have been off of implonon since november 23, 2009 :-D . After having it in a little over a year >;) . well, my husband and i did have unprotected sex less than a week b4 having it remove :$ didnt know i was suppost to be using protection. since removal we have been using protection, but my boobs are really sore and growing, my stomach is hurting, like im going to start but nothing yet! and i have been emotional and craving chocolate which i hardly ever eat. could i be pregnate??? i took a test 3 days ago and seen a white line through the test part? im so confused can any one help me???? ?

i had my daughter in feb 2009 and then got my implanon in april 2009. does anyone know if its ok to get it removed already? my body is all over the place and im havin small pains in my arm where it is placed... any advice is welcome cos this is my first time having it in

thanks, k x

I had my implano removed 9/14/09. I had the implano on since 2/14/08 with no period. I stared getting my MP normal again as soon that it was removed. I stared getting sick recent and did 3 preg test and where all poss. Wouod beeing on the implano for over 1 year can cause any problems. like a misc. Im worried. Please help?

I just got mine removed today and while searching for tips on conceiving after taking it out I stumbled across this chat. I have a friend I work with whom took it out last August and conceived in November. This is her second pregnancy after Implanon so I am hoping I am just as lucky. I have a five year old son and a two year old daughter who really want another baby around. It did take me over a year with my second one so I am hoping for better results. XD

It's normal to be a little crazy with any birth control in the beginning; your body needs time to get used to it. In the beginning my arm was sore for about a week, but each person is different. When I asked my doctor she said it was because my body had something in it that it needed to adjust to. I have had the Implanon in for almost 2 years and the first year and half, I spotted every 3 months for a week. After 1 and a half years, I have a normal 7 day cycle each month. As for moodiness, headaches and acne; it's just hormones.

i had the implant inserted in september 08 and i found it great!! after 8 years of heavy,painfull out of control periods and pmt the implant stopped it all.i havnt had a period now in 17 months and am due to have it taken out as we are trying for a baby,i myself have been told every thing under the sun about concieving afterwards including that i will be fertile straight away,i ope it happens soon. :-)

I have had the implanon for 3 years tomorrow, i am getting it out tomorrow afternoon. my partner an I are wanting to have out first child but i am not sure on how long i have to wait after removal.. any help would be thankful :-)