I had implanon inserted about 36 hours ago and my arm is still very sore... how long should i expect this for? I have a blister that looks like a burn, i think it was where the aneasthetic was injected but im not too sure on this. how long should i expect to be sore for?

it will hurt for about 2 weeks when I have mine implanted it was bruised very badly with blue and purple bruises. and if anyone else ever decides to get an implanon i would advise to not get it right after you have a baby. I had mine implanted in april after i had my son in march trying to feed a baby and hold a baby with a very sore are was very strenious. not to mention i also have a one yr old. trying to make sure ur boobs dont hurt your arm and you dont lay the babys head on ur arm is very diffficult when trying to feed. now that I have had my implanon for a couple of months to be honest i wouldnt advise it to anyone no matter how long it lasts as birth control to me its not worth it. but thats just my own openion and the reasoning for this is c of the irregular bleeding with brown blood and the constant hassle of needing to carry tampons around with me not to mention the fact that ive bleed since i had my son in march. it is very difficult for me to live my life normally if im not normal. its a huge ordeal in bed with my husband aswell. If anyone gets it I hope that its the right thing for you and I wish you all luck.

I had my second implant put in on thursday. Its incredibly bruised and not in straight, the bruising on my arm at the moment is appaling and its really swollen around the area as well causing a lot of discomfort. i went back to the doctors yesterday and they said its normal but it doesnt feel right. i like the implant as its alot comfier for me than the coil i had before. good luck with yours :)