Im going in for my second laporoscopy and hysteroscopy next week and my dr has suggested I think about getting Implanon inserted.

I've heard so many negative things about implanon including weight gain, anxiety, depression and heavy bleeding.

I have had heavy bleeding for the last 8 months and want it to stop and I've also suffered from severe anxiety and depression and don't want to go down that path again.

I'm also worried about it feeling weird in my arm and me freaking out about it!

Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated!

Please dont. If you have not already. I am am 18 year old girl who just got it in about a month and a half ago. Like you, I have suffered with anxiety, depression, suicidal tendencies, and was treated for them and they were under control. Since the implanon I have been more depressed than ever. I feel suicidal, i have constant mood swings, PLUS a lot of uncontrollable anger i have never felt before. Oh and some daily headaches and nausea. It is NOT something you want if you are already a depression victim. My doctor said it wouldnt matter but it DOES. I think some doctors dont know alot about it. Now im not saying this will neccesarilly happen to you as well, but if it does there is no way out, its not like a pill where you can just STOP it is INSIDE of you and you must pay more money to have it taken out. I have literally been SOO desperate to get it out i've wanted to take a god damn scalpel to my arm myself and do it haha. Im not that ill headed fortunately enough tho. But please. IF you havent already, really think about it. I wish I had more. But i was pushed in by my parents. Thank you and i hope this advice comes in handy. If you have already gotten it in, please reply and tell me how your experience is. Thank you.

Do not get it. I had it for two years and had mood swings, depression, weight gain, fatigue and constant headaches, oh and no sex drive whats so ever. As soon as I had it taken out it was like I was back to my old self. You should go on the implanon website and look up the side affects. It clearly states that you should not take it if you have a history of depression because it can make depression worse. As far as you heavy periods the implanon will not help that. My sister has had a period on the implanon for three months straight.

I don't recommend it to anyone...I just had mine taken out a month ago. Too many problems and made my depression,anxiety alot more than it was before. sucks! i did research and saw positive/negative reviews on the implanon before getting it, then when i actually had it, it sucked. I got major headaches,pregnancy symptoms, bleeding was ok not that bad but still always was worried if i was pregnant or not cuz of the side effects.