Hi
Im new to this site and im hoping some one could possibly help me

I had my implant removed on May 19th due to being to stressed and crying for no reason, did also bleed quite alot on it too. The day before i had slept with my bf not knowing that you have to use protection 7days before having the implant removed.

After i had this removed i came on what i thought was a period 2 days later this lasted about 3 days. Then i slept with my bf for a little while unprotected and then he used a condom and then next morning i had came one but it was quite bright red not like a period, this lasted 2 days.

Then after 2 days later after the bleeding had stopped i came on again for another few days.....its strange but i guessed that it was the effects of coming off the implant.

On 26th may i got cystitus and had to wait 3 days before i could get a precription from the docs as it was bank holiday. In the meantime my bf was getting worried thinking that something was wrong with me so we both went to the GU clinic to be tested on the 2nd June....got the result a week later and everything was fine.

I had sex with my bf 2 and half week after the time i got tested and it was really hurting afterward so much so i was in tears, went to the docs and im getting refferred to a Gynocologist. It does hurt sometimes while having sex as im quite small and well his quite endowed. but it never hurts afterwards, it was 2 days before the pain subsided.

Anyway for the last 2 weeks i have been having really sore nipples even hurts when in the shower....also been eating alot more than usual, going to the toilet more than usual (altho i am actualy drinking more than usual) its been kinda cloudy too, had stomach pains and im feeling incredibly tired even after a good nights sleep.

Now what im wondering is are these just side effects of the removal of the implant and when im likely to come on about as its been a month and a day since the implant has been taken out. I did a pregnancy test when my nipples started to get sore, but it was neg.

Me and my bf have spoke about having a baby, but are not in the position to afford one yet and we are still both living with our parents. But i really do want a baby im so brood lol.

Sorry for the lengthy post but maybe someone could help out or had the same experiences as im getting

Thanks Gemma :-)

i would appreciate any thoughts :-) is anyone experiecing the same kinda thing?

Gemma %-)

Hi there
I am afraid I am not going to be much help to you but I am experiencing something similar. I had mine taken out about 4 weeks ago, I had a bit of spotting a couple of days later, but since I have had nothing. I have been feeling really tired, nauseous, I have sore breasts and I ahve been having lots of clear discharge.
I also was unaware that I wasn't meant to have intercourse before having it taken out and my bf and I did the day before. Have people got pregnant from this? We have had sex but protected since it being removed.
I am panicking a bit cause we discussed it when I had it taken out (due to mood swings) and my bf is def against us having a baby right now.
I'd also be interested to know what other people have experienced?
Thanks :-)

Hi there

well since i had this problem i came on my period 28 days later i have been tryin to track my symptoms i got sore nipples during and 2 weeks after my period finished.....i also counted 28 days from when i started my period to it was meant to be due on friday 18th and i have not come on yet :S so im guessin its still irregular.

I had my Implanon removed almost five weeks ago and it was definitely the best decision that I have ever made. While on it I had HORRIBLE mood swings, completely lost my libido, gained weight and was really, really depressed. After I got it removed I was definitely a different person. My mood completely changed, my libido returned, AND I've lost nearly 10 lbs (US) with diet and exercise.

The removal process actually hurt a lot because they had a hard time getting it out, but once it was out my arm never bruised or hurt like when they put it in.

I wish more people knew about Implanon's horrible side effects.

Oh, one more thing. I got my period right after it was removed, but I haven't had it since. I was totally freaking out because I thought I might be pregnant even though we've used condoms. I took a pregnancy test today and it turned out negative (THANK GOD!) so I think the Implanon is still screwing with my hormones and my cycle. I can't wait to be regular again.

Good luck girls!

Well since having the implanon out, my periods have been so regular but the pain on the first day is sooooo bad. ive always been on BC since the age of 14 (not cause i was sexually active then but coz i was suffering from stomach aches) and this is the first time i have been no on BC and thts probs y there so bad.

Thought id tell ya how its been since havin the implanon out after tht first horrible month :-)

i am having somewhat of the same problem as you! my implant was removed almost 2 weeks ago. i have had no sign what so ever of having a period. i didn't know until i read your post about using protection a week before the implant was removed! my husband and i had unprotected sex a week before. however, we are trying to get pregnant, it would be nice to know when my cycle is. i have had been extremely tired, some stomache pains, no sore nipples though. i did a pregnancy test and it was negative. makes me feel better to know other people are having the same problem.

Hi all i had my first one put in 2002 after the depo i was on made me go from a UK size 12 to an UK size 18. with in my first year of having it i slowly lost my periods god send (i thought) i then got really bad spots the weight went down to a UK 14. I had one replaced every two years since me and my husband were not wanting any more children ( we have 2 girls age 11,8 ) I just took that this is one of the side affects. My face is always spotty around my chin area. My sex drive came and went with the tide then about a month ago we decided we would like another child so on the 23/10/08 i had it removed hoping to get pregnant straight away and....... nothing no spotting no period my GP said i would ether get a period of be pregnant think she;s tell me porky's as i have been told by family planning it could take up to 6 months :-( :-( :-( :-(

Hi! I know how you feel. It took me almost a month afterwards to start my period and the doctor told me it could have taken longer. so don't stress too much over that. I hope that it doesn't take us 6 months to conceive. I have no patience now that I am set on doing this! I was very worried about the effect that the implanon has had on my ability to conceive. I am just taking it one day at a time. Once I quit worrying I started my period. i would just try to relax and see how things go once you start your period. hope this helps!

well i just thought i would let everyone know.....that i never affect my ability to concieve as i am now 12 weeks pregnant which im really happy now :-)

hi everyone, i had some questions about my implanon that i had inserted in june of 08, and i was wondering if someone could help me with it.

whenever i had it put in i was fine and the doctor told me that i should expect my period at random times and that were also unexpected. and since i had not had my period for 2 months before that he said that it would be soon since i was not pregnant.

but its been about 7 months now and i still have not gotten my period at all!! some pregnancy tests that i take come out positive and some come out negative but im not too sure what to do.

i have some symptoms or pregnancy like my boobs hurting, morning sickness, extreme tiredness, bathroom breaks more then before, mood swings, eating more with cravings and nausea at the sight and thought of some things.

but i honestly do not know what to do because im only 15 years old and my mother wanted me put on this to prevent situations like these. its hard to find a place to get this taken out without her knowing because i dont know what to do half of the times.

so if ANYONE out there has advice for me, knows what to do or what im going through, please help me out here. :'(

thank you. :-)

hi everyone...

I never knew that the implanon was going to be such a hassle, I had it put in my arm in January 2007 and had it taken out about three weeks ago now. Reading the information u guys have put up i am startin to freak out a bit. I am only eighteen and i broke up with my boyfriend of seven months the day after i had the implanon removed (things just werent working). I was not aware that you are supposed to have protected sex before you get it removed, i actually had unprotected sex with my boyfriend at the time (now my ex) two hours before i had it removed and i am still waiting for my period to come. I feel i am not ready to be pregnant yet and definately not with him as i also found out he cheated on me... Wot would b the best thing for me to do? I am going to get checked by the doctors for any diseases because more then likely he cheated on me more then once and i feel so disgusted, i just hope that i am not pregnant. Anyway i would really like some feedback or opinions because i feel so alone, none of my friends have been in a situation like this or anyone i know infact. So please anything would be a help!! : )

Thanx guys,
Ris.

hey i had the implant out four days ago after 6months of hell, mood swings, crying no bleeding at all thou..just depressed didnt get along with it..

after haveing it out i was told my periods would come back quickly. i have had tummy pains and a slight show of a brown discharge! no bleeding.. i wasnt told about no sex before removal..me and my partner had sex they day before removal and the night of removal and last night .

i been trying to find sites to find out when people periods may have started after haveing the implant removed but had no luck! its driveing me mad..im always tierd still moody, my gp isnt much good. all i was told was it could 6 days to leave ur system and periods can return quickly..as for pregnancy- we lost our son at 26 weeks only 7 weeks ago..guess to fall pregnant would be nice but well i dont know one thing at a time i guess..if anybody has any answers i would love to hear them..

x

Gemma thats 12 weeks pregnant now after removing the implant at how many weeks after you had it removed did your test come back positive ?

i would be grateful to a response as in similar situation.

Kind Regardss
Jadee :-)

hi, i had my implanon removed on the 26th of may, i didn know about not having uprotected sex. so i started gettin tender breasts and using the loo alot more so i tested myself and guess what im pregnant and thats without a period.... im so happy tho cos we want another child..

best of luck to everyone