I had the implanon removed 2 weeks ago. Not sure when my period is due because it wasn't regular on implanon. Have been having regular unprotected sex past 2 weeks. Breasts are incredibly sore, worse at night, and have been having cramps (similar to period pain) in the last 24 hrs.
When should I take a pregnancy test as I have been reading that you should take it after you period is due - my prob is I don't know when it is due.
Thanks for any info XD

I would say that if you might be experiencing pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts, cramps, etc) that should take a pregnancy test already. I had my Implanon removed last week and although my doctor said it should take two weeks for fertility to return, it would be just my luck that it returns sooner! Please let me know how your situation turns out...I am curious to konw how soon someone can get pregnant after having it removed. Good luck!

well i had mine removed after using for three months, been off it for4 weeks now and not had a period i have the breast soreness and cramps as well, did take a test came back negative. what i have found that there are other women who have had similar symptoms just after the implant was taken out. it may be just to do with your hormones or you may be are pregnant. it takes several days for the affects to wear off. so i would hold off for a while give it another 2 - 4 weeks and see how you feel if still the same take a test to be sure.

it terms of knowing when to take a pregnancy test find out when was the last time you had unprotected sex and count 19 days from then and try a test if your symptoms are the same.

I had mine out 2 weeks ago... Dr said i could be fertile in 2days or it could be 2 weeks it depends on the person i guess... I have yet to have a period as i was on depo provera injections prior to implanon so i havent had a period for well over 4 years so i would have no idea as to when i would be due etc... but i was looking at some thread online and people are saying they got the rod out and within days they were pregnant... so fingers crossed...

I had an implanon in for about 2 years before i had my daughter, after it was taken out i was pregnant 7 days later! i have just had it taken out again about 1 week ago to conceive but not sure when i should test as i was 5 weeks pregnant with my daughter when i found out! i would wait til at least 4 weeks after the implanon is removed, just to be on the safe side!

Hi i am in the same boat i had my rod out on the 23rd feb my last bleed was in sept last year so no clue when i am due on i done a test on monday and it was negative i would say to wait about 21 days after unprotected sex but with me i couldn't wait each person is different so hormane levels maybe be higher or lower if you can't wait i would just buy some cheap test strips from poundland but be prepare for disapointment incase you get a BFN but good luck

I had mine out two weeks ago and my doc said you COULD ovulate within 6 hours of it been takenout. we had sex that night and as the sperm is in there you should keep ur legs up for 10 mins to make sure all of the swimmers can make it. sperm can stay in the uterus for up to 4 days. I had a blood test done because my last one i didnt find out until i was 10 weeks. and guess hwat.. PREGNANT!!!

i had my implanon taken out yesterday. me and my boyfriend of five years were extremely excited about trying for another baby. now today i am having spotting. is this normal after the removal? any help would be appreciated.

My Story

Hi ladies
i had my implant removed around 3 weeks ago after havin it in the full 3 years, wel give or take a few days. i wasnt aware that want meant to have sex or unprotected sex for 7 days before and me and my bf have had sex atleast 1 time a day eading up to removal of my implant. We also had a few mishaps and had to use he pull out method which probably isnt reliable. i went to a nurse who looked at me like i was the most stupid person on the planet because i didnt know about the 7day rule. i have had 2 pregnancy test both neg but the nurse said its too early to tell. She also said fertility comes back almost instantly and tht i cud well be pregnant. I have had one day of cramping no bleeding, sore breasts and on n off nausea throughout the day. I hate the not knowing but i guess i should be able to have another test next week n it should show up by then if i am indeed pregnant.

Has anyone else had craming wihout an bleeding?

Kind Regards

Roxx

OMG :O ... was on implanon for 3 months and hated it so had it removed on friday. i had unprotected sex 3 times with my boyfriend two days before i had it removed. i have never heard of this rule. i was wondering if i could get pregnant as i know sperm can stay in the for for 3 - 7 days. need advice ASAP.

i found discussions like this really useful after i had my implant taken out so i thought id do the same! im 20 this year and had the implant out 6 weeks ago after having it in for nearly 1 year and have just had a faint line come up on a pregnancy test, so guessing im only 2 weeks pregnant as i have done multiple tests up till this one, i have had no period since the removal, i have had usual pregnancy symtoms however i just thought this was my hormones! the only thing that made me do a test after i started taking the pill for 4 days! was i had really quite bad period pains for 3 days but no period so i bought a pound shop test and i saw a line bought some better tests and more faint lines!!! however everyone is different!

I had the implant out on 29th august, my period came the folowing day, and i was pregnant 10 days later lol! Had had it in for a year and a half xx

That's normal so don't worry if it continues after a few days or gets worse see your GP

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help, I had my implant out 2 weeks ago, I have also never heard of the 7 day rule and had sex the night before, me and my partner were using condoms but had a ' slip up' last night :/ he pulled out but I've heard of pre ejaculation so I know that isn't full proof. Anyway, today I've had white/clear CM which I've heard can be a sign of ovulation? I've never had regulated periods so can't calculate when its due, I did have 4 days of bleeding when implant was removed though, which if was a period would mean I'm 12 days into my cycle. Ihave no idea if my fertility has returned though as I can't monitor my periods, I know the easier option is a test but I don't know how long to wait or if I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for any advice :)

Hi, I've had similair experience to you, i had implanon removed 3 weeks ago, (had it in 2 years)got my period next day for four days and i got an app that said i'd ovulate 14 days later, which i think i did as i had ewcm, me and my partner had unprotected sex a few times that week. Anyway now im having cramping in my abdomen and feel bloated, its 6 dpo so too early to test :/ Did you get cramps? I don't have many other symptoms but its still early i guess. Pls reply, thank you.