Are there any other people with Crohn's Disease here? I am looking for Crohn's Disease patients who are taking methotrexate or have done so in the past. I will be starting this drug soon, and need to know a bit about the side effects that are frequent in methotrexate users. Thank you!

Please be ware that methotrexate is a drug with quite a few adverse affects. Are you sure there is no better alernative? You could always seek a second opinion if you are not sure you agree with what your doctor is recommending you. The side effects of methotrexate include, but are not limited to, anemia, an increased risk of bruising, hair loss, vomiting, dermatitis, and even hepatitis!

Hi. I am 24 and have had Crohn's disease since I was 12. I have been taking methotrexate since April 2011. The main side effects I've dealt with are severe nausea and anemia. The anemia isn't just from the methotrexate though, having Crohn's in general can cause anemia. I have had no trouble with hair loss at all. It is a very strong drug, so make sure there are no other options before you commit to taking it. I had no options left though. Praying it works for you!!