I am suffering from Crohns disease and I have problem. I got new medication for treating my disease. I got prescription for Rheumatrex (Methotrexate). Does Rheumatrex (Methotrexate) work for Crohn's Disease? Medications that have been using until now are not working any more. And was using Azathioprine, Steroids, Sulfasalasine, Mesalamine. Any information is greatly appreciated!

I was on Methotrexate for years. This medicine is mostly used for treating cancer, but doctors are prescribing it for Crohns disease often. It is very good medication which can help you a lot, with restoring your life. With this drug you can live normal life. Side effects: short-term nausea, diarrhea, fatigue and the long term scarring the liver and liver cancer if not checked regularly.

Methotrexate completely healed a fistula that had been problematic for over 2 years within 2 months...Yeah!!! :-D One thing, though, the medication pack will say alcohol is O.K. but my Dr. says it messes with lab results and can add to the liver/kidney damage potential of the medication.