I have been watching some report of drugs’ toxicity, and I found there is one even dangerous medicine. This surprised me, because I do not understand why someone would take it. I was thinking medicine should treat some existing problem, and not cause another one. Since I found Methotrexate as serious, I would like to hear what is this medicine used? Can you tell me at least a little bit that could help me understand it?

That is true we can see so many warnings about Methotrexate, because of its serious toxic reactions. For Example, this drug should be used only by physicians whose knowledge and experience include the use of anti-metabolite therapy. This is because Methotrexate is used in life threatening neoplasic diseases, which are one of the worst kinds. Unfortunately, deaths have also been reported with the use of this drug in the treatment of malignancy, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Each Methotrexate patient should be closely monitored for bone marrow, liver, lung and kidney toxicities. I guess even name of disease could give an excuse for there reactions, for example osteosarcoma. That is not easy disease at all, but doctor has to use each method he is able to help this patient. Some of side effects beside those I told you are stomatitis, leucopenia, nausea and abdominal distress. Other reported adverse effects are malaise, undue fatigue, chills and fever.