What can you all tell me about the side effects that are common for weight gain supplements? I am underweight and have been for many years. I am certain that my doctor would not hesitate for a moment to prescribe me weight gain supplements if I went to see her about it. I am worried about scary side effects like strokes and such! Can you tell me whether this is justified?

I take weight gain supplements for bodybuilding. If those are the same that you get for being underweight, I can tell you that a stroke is not one of the side effects of weight gain supplements. Mind you, sometimes they can make your feel a bit strange, cause heart palpitations, and even blood pressure changes. You are right that weight gain supplements are not without their share of side effects, but I imagine being underweight is also not good for you?