Hey guys, so I am reading about Biotin and all the effects of this product or supplement for hair loss. I see that a lot of people are for it, that they do recommend it, but what about side - effects? So, let's be real people, every product and every supplement can have a side - effects, so I am wondering what are those in the case of Biotin? So, did anyone had a side - effects of this? I want to know because I am about to start using it as well and I don't know what can I expect. 

Everyone wants to know what are the benefits of biotin for hair growth, but rarely someone is talking about side - effects. Sure, thank God there no are too many of it, but they do exist, especially if you don't consult someone before you "prescribe" a therapy for yourself.

The good thing is that biotin is a safe and nontoxic vitamin and that it has not been associated with any serious side effects, even if you are taking larger doses, but again, consulting someone before taking it, should be your number one priority. So, good luck with it. That is all I can say. 

I am glad that you have asked.

I wrote a couple of minutes ago, in some previous posts that biotin can actually cause acne, so you might wanna talk to your dermatologist before you try it. Also, it is possible that biotin can cause some allergic reaction to certain people. Maybe you will go to the toilet more often than before. It can cause nausea or diarrhea - or both at the same time. Also, pregnant ladies should never use it, because it can affect them and the baby during the pregnancy. So, so many side - effects. Like with every supplement, with biotin, you should also be careful. 

Hi guys. I am glad that someone wants to know more about this topic. I find a biotin really helpful and amazing supplement. I would like to use it like always. But I got pregnant and I see that I am feeling different, since I have stopped to use it. Now, I am wondering, is it safe for me to use it during the pregnancy, since it was safe for me to use it while I was not pregnant? I don't know can this one cause some problems to me and my baby. Anyone in here were using it during the pregnancy? I would like to hear your opinion....Thank you!

Celebrity

Hello. 

Hope that your pregnancy is going ok.  I do know that B=biotin is likely safe if you are pregnant and even if you are a breastfeeding. So far, I know a lot of moms who never showed any problems during the pregnancy, and they were using biotin all the time. 

But of course, just to be sure, you should always let your doctor know about any supplements you are taking, no matter if you are pregnant, if you breastfeeding, or even if you want to get pregnant. Your doctor and gynecologist need to know literally everything about this. So, that is what I would like to recommend to you. 

Don't fool yourself, nothing is 100 percent safe. Here are just some of the possible side - effects. For example, biotin can cause acne. It can have some allergic reactions as well. I disagree that it can't affect you during the pregnancy, this is something that you simply can't do without consulting anyone. It can cause a nausea, diarrhea, and you can run into your toilet all to time to pee - pee. Even if this seems like a unreal to you, biotin can definitely cause respiratory problems, according to so many researches. So, I would not treat biotin as something that can't harm you, at all. Be careful, like you are careful with every other thing. Good luck.

Celebrity

Where did you found that information? I mean, maybe from my post you got this feeling, but I know also a lot of people who were using it without any side - effects, of course, the only problem was well-known acne issue. But nothing else. So, that is why I really want to know did anyone had similar side - effects. I don't know anyone. 

I think that you only need to be in the communication with your doctor, no matter what stage in your life you are going through. No matter what, he needs to know what supplements you are taking. 

If you are taking something too much, it is for sure that it can cause a side - effects, for example, you can be intolerant to certain ingredients that contain biotin. Also,  you should be aware of the side effects of ingesting too much of the vitamin as well. There are so many things. I don't believe that biotin is that dangerous for the pregnant ladies, because it is just a vitamin that you need to have in your body. Everything you need to take in the proper dosage and in that case I really think that there is no need for you to worry at all.