What alternative medicine is effective in treating asthma? I am 24 years old and I am new with this. I was diagnosed with asthma 7 months ago. I believe in alternative medicine and I would like to try treating asthma with herbs and natural way first.

I knew some alternative meds…such as bee pollen and Echinacea….. But I am worried because for example, anaphylaxis is a potential side effect of the popular remedy echinacea, which has been used to treat rhinitis and the common cold. Bee pollen, a CAM treatment ostensibly effective for asthma and allergies has been associated with sore throat, stridor, breathing difficulties, and other symptoms of an acute hypersensitivity reaction. Yes, and products containing ginkgo biloba have been shown to produce bronchodilation, smooth muscle relaxation, and other positive effects on the lungs of patients with allergy and asthma.

Noticed this up while i was looking for a replacement for albuterol. I tried Raw Garlic. Works Amazingly. just eat 1-2 cloves pealed. Don't swollow right off the back, just breath for about 10 seconds or so after chewing.

Basil, ginger and Honey works really well