Hi, my friend is allergic to bee sting. He explained this condition to me. The thing is that there are some characteristics that are still not that clear to me. He has a necklace that he carries all the time. It contains a medicine that he takes if a bee stings him because the sting can cause anaphylactic shock. What is anaphylactic shock?

Hi, people that have some kind of allergy are in danger of experiencing anaphylactic shock. Therefore, this is an allergic reaction. My cousin is also allergic to bee sting. I was once present when a bee stung him and it was not a pretty sight. He started to swell up and had trouble breathing. I seriously thought he was going to suffocate. We rushed him to a hospital where he received some antihistamines. These are the drugs that help with the symptoms of anaphylactic shock. The histamine is actually what causes the creation of symptoms that are connected with allergies. It is responsible for vasodilation of arterioles and constriction of the airways. This is the most severe symptom of an allergic reaction that can even cause death. That is why your friend carries the drug with him all of the time. From the moment my cousin experienced the same situation he carries the same drug with him too.