Hello! It is diagnosed that my mother has scleroderma lupus. I am very concerned for her and I hope you will help me. My mother has some rash on her skin and I want to know if this rash is caused because she takes some drugs or because of scleroderma lupus. This is very important to me and I hope you will answer me…

Hello! I cannot tell you this for sure, but most of rash on skin of patient who is suffering from scleroderma lupus is caused because of this disease. This rash is sign of inflammation. I think that your mother needs to visit her doctor for more information about this subject. I cannot tell you more about this because you have not told me on what area/areas she has this rash; what kind of the rash she has, etc.

Hello philipa,

As gert has already told you it is very hard to tell what is really causing that skin rash until you check with your mother’s doctor.

And since she has been diagnosed with scleroderma lupus you are aware that this autoimmune disease has its symptoms such as rash which is usually one of the variations of the inflammation.  Also autoimmune diseases are very complicated because your own immune system is attacking your body.

Usually, scleroderma is characterized with fibrosis in the skin and organs of the body and unfortunately the cause of scleroderma is not known. As far the researches has shown that genetics is important but the environment as well.

Keep us posted about your mother’s condition.