Something has bit me, and I didn`t see what it was. I was tested for lyme, just in case, and the test was abnormal. Now, I was diagnosed with lupus a year ago and I was told that you can have an abnormal lyme test result if you have lupus. How can you tell the difference between lupus and lyme?

Not sure. Lupus is an autoimmune, multi-system disease. The cause is unknown. The symptoms of lupus are rash, mouth ulcers, joint pain, swelling, fatigue, fever, headache, chest pain, swollen legs and ankles, eye problems etc. Lyme is an inflammatory disease (lupus too), and the symptoms are simmilar – joint inflammation, rash, flu-like symptoms (fever, headache). Lyme is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms may mimic some other illness. You may notice a characteristic red rash at the site of the bite, but also you may not. Deer ticks can be very small and practically invisible.