For the last four or five days both of my nipples have ben getting hard more than they should and they hurt when hard, sometimes not even when they're hard.

For as long as I can remember I've always had some sort of crusty discharge in the opening on my nipples, but it's never been a cause for concern and has never caused any problems.

I took a pregnancy test to make sure that wasn't the case, and I'm not pregnant. I've recently come off the pill, but I've been taking the pill for a year or so now, and I've never had any side effects.

Today I noticed some white dots on both of my nipples when they were hard, not spots, just some sort of white circle under the skin. I tried to look up some information on this and the only thing that came close to me problem was a form of breast cancer, so it's gotten me more concerned.

One more thing that's worrying me is the fact that my period seems awfully late, and yet I'm not pregnant...

I'm having trouble finding anything else because the only thing I seem to come across is something about breatfeeding, new mothers ect... So, I thought I'd post here in the hopes of someone knowing what might be the problem.

Thank you.

Many women who go on or off the pill experience odd hormonal symptoms, sometimes mimicking pregnancy. This could be the reason.

However, if you're concerned about cancer (oral contraceptives can increase chances of breast and uterine cancer), go see a doctor. It's better to be safe than sorry.

hi this is habiba have some kind of problem with my breasts. i see tha my nipples and areola getting a bit larger than the normal size, am worried what might be tha be the reason.

Hi Habiba, I am wondering how it is that you know that your nipples and areola are getting larger. I do know that it is possible that you could be pregnant if you are describing the symptoms as you say. But I am not sure what to say. If you could, let me know if you have any other symptoms? Thanks Habiba.

Hi! I'm 15 and I've noticed somewhat of the same, I got worried after a while because ever sense I can remember i've had white dots, kinda like Zits on my nipples. An I got worried because they were purple, I looked it up and saw that its possible that its just because im cold, which makes sense but it doesn't exsplain the white dots. I'm 15 and I've never had sex nor am I on the pill or anything of that sort. I don't know what it is. help!

im having the same sort of problem. im 14 (about to become 15) and i have white little dots on the tips of my nipples as well. im a bit worried that it could be cancer of something like that. occasionally my nipples hurt and i want to know why. help?

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Actually I have figured out that having a white dot on the end of your nipple is indicative of chafing. If you do a lot of physical activity or have an uncomfortable bra or something, it can chafe and cause problems. It happens to guys too actually. Is that what you're experiencing?

hi, i have noticed for a while now that the tips of my nipples are white.. recently i started the pill but i noticed this months before this.

after reading some i have noticed its accoring to alot of 15year olds as i am too 15;

i am to embarassed and shy to go see a doctor- please help? xo

Hi, I'm 21 yrs old and I have one white dot on the tip of one of my nipples. I am positive I'm not pregnant and the dots been there before but is just not slightly more prominent. I'm happy to know I'm not alone but the only information I can find is linked to pregnancy but thats not the case. Any other suggestions??

Do you still have the discharge from your nipple??You have to see a doctor?and rule out Paget's disease.

Hiya, I've had white spots/blister type things on my right nipple for about 3 months, I wasn't concerned until a nurse at the local clinic told me I should go for a screening as I had discharge coming out of it, I've done two pregnancy tests and I'm not pregnant so that's ruled that out but I'm too scared to go for a screening. I have taken the pill before but this was 2 years ago, and then I stopped taking it. I'm back on the pill and have been since monday but I know its not a side effect. This is very concerning for me as I don't like my boyfriend seeing my boobs which is causing strain on our relationship. Is this life threatening or nothing to worry about? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

same thing, but damn over a year ago, never going to get answers :(

I am experiencing the same thing! My one nipple is sort of cracked open and sometimes gets some white stuff in it. I'm going to see my doctor again so if i find something that works i'll be sure to tell you!

i am 17 i they've always been there, only i do have swollen breasts n m not sure if there are lumps please help!!

Hi.. the tips of my nipples do get white spots and my breast have been really sore lately. i have took three pregnency test but there all negetive.. I just got off my birth control shot and most the women on her say they just got off the pill or something.. maybe that could all be our problem.. getting off birth control could just be messing with our hormones or something