I am a 27 year old female. My nipples have been tender and swollen for about 4 days. The aeriola around my nipples are normal. My breasts are not tender, just my nipples. I do not think I am pregnant. Is this something I should see my doctor for?

Seeing a doctor is always the best thing to do.

If you don't have any additional symptoms, you could wait for a few more days and see if it goes away.

I agree. Any time something strange happens in your body and you don't have an explanation, it's good to see a doctor, especially if it doesn't go away after a short time. 

Tender breasts or nipples (not necessarily both) are indeed a common early pregnancy symptom. You could also have a breast infection or a hormonal problem. Apart from just being part of PMS for a great many women, that is. You know only a doctor can tell you what's going on for sure, so if your tender breasts persist, you should definitely go see one. That way, you'll know whether you need to worry or not.

I am 18 and my nipples have also been sore for the past 4 days, going on 5 days now. If they are pinched or rubbed on, it hurts. I've been on the pill for over a year now and this has never happened before. I know my period isn't for another week. Last I had intercourse was the day I noticed my nipples were sore, which was 4 days ago. This has never happened before my period EVER and I have a regular cycle. I only get cramps before my period, my breasts or nipples are never sore or tender. I'm really not sure what is wrong or what to do. I'll admit, my boyfriend and me only use my pills as our birth control. We've never used protection. I've been getting a little behind on my pills this month, but I just don't think I'm pregnant. Does anyone have any answers?

My nipples are sore/tender as well, but not the areola or the brest. I have been on the Depo shot for years and I finally just got off of it in July. I usually never get my period due to the shot, and have been waiting for it to come since I stopped taking it. I just got it 2 days ago, but my nipples became sore about 3 weeks ago or so, and are still sore.

I experienced the same feeling a little over a year ago too. I was still on the shot then, and it started not long before I got my period (I sometimes would get it after months of not getting it, and it would be pretty intense. I guess from not having it for so long??)

It sounds to me like the shot or pills have something to do with it...and maybe the hormonal change when getting off of them. Also sounds like period is a cause too. I guess those two things go hand in hand. Hope this helps. There are so many other "nipple conditions" though too...so maybe just read up on them, or go to a doctor, just incase it is something else.

I am having this issue too. My nipples are swollen and very tender. I am having quite a few other pregnancy symptoms to include being two months late, but I had a blood test come back negative for pregnancy. I really want to know what is happening. I have another doctor appointment tomorrow. If I get any relevant information I'll let you know.

i also have the same problem my nipples have ben swollen for about a week now and r very very sensitive!!!!
there normal other then they stand erect most the time i have no idea y
i think i might be prago i also have had a bladder infection that just will not go away thats been with me for almost a month now i have taken meds and tried everything i could think of to stop it but it is painful and wont go away i have also been having daihriah and have not started my period in going on 2 months now i do not take the pill tell me??
r any or all these symptoms of pregnancy??

You could all be ovulating!

For the bladder or any urinary track infection, cranberries or blueberries will quickly help to kill the infection. Take a couple of concentrated cranberry pills each day, and continue to take to keep away urinary infections.

i have the same problem.. but august my period came 2 weeks early...then i didn't see my period for september..now im having a period now (Oct 1st-now)..no cramping...usually when i get my period hurts like hell...and its very heavy with blood clots...(sorry about the info)..but, before august my bf messed around i was fine...i had all the pregnancy symptoms and the morning sickness, the tender nipples.. but i still feel nautious now...i just dont know if i could still be pregnant ... none of my jeans dont feet losely anymore.. and they fit a month ago... my stomatch has grown and i still have the feelings..my nipples are still tender and feel alot heavier...and my nipples are never tender...im fully scared.

I got off the Depo shot in September and recently started taking the pill, but I keep forgetting to take it. My nipples started t swell 3 days ago and this morning I woke up with abdominal pain. Could it be from the birth control? My boyfriend and I always use condoms, so I highly doubt there's a possibility of me being pregnant.

Yea I have had the same thing going on for about 2 days now, and I did just get off my period and you start ovulating 10 days after the start of your last period, so that could be a reason... But I don't know if this is different from anyone elses, but when I am in the shower, the water makes them hurt even worse.

i have tender breast and nipples i had a brown discharge on 12/15/09 and pinkish reddish spotting. can some one please help me. i ovulated on 12/14/-12/19/2009. breat been tender 12/16/2009 non stop sence also stomach pain as well

Okay. I am 27, not on birth-control, have sex everyday (no condoms), and my nipples have been swollen, tender, and changing colors over the past 2 weeks. I had my last period in February of 2009 (yeah, last year) due to be being overweight. I have never felt pain in my breasts or nipples before. I have been eating alot lately (I am not depressed) and cry almost at the drop of the hat at even funny stuff. I am taking PregAssist (to help me get pregnant) and so far, I am not pregnant (not from a doctor's point of view, but Clear Blue Easy tests). So, what is wrong with me? When I find out, I will let you all know.

Im 22 years old, and im 6.5 months pregnant. The last 2-3 days the areola on my left breat has been swollen, hard-ish and tender..... my doctor is on vacation right now and wont be back untill the 14th on June. I have no idea what could be causing this as I have used the same soap and laundry soap since before I got pregnant and Im not sure if this is normal or not as this is my first pregnancy. Does anyone have any answers? Please let me know what I should do about it untill my doctor gets back, as Im worried that something is wrong.... :-(