My husband and I are trying to conceive and I am afraid I have a leutal phase defect. I am charting my BBT and everything looks fine. I start taking my temp on the first day of my red/heavy period (I usually have about 3-5 days of brown spotting first). I ovulated at about day 13 and my temp went up two days later to prove it. It has stayed up and looked like a triphasic pattern dipping on 5DPO and then shooting up and remaining high. The problem is that at 6DPO I began with light pink jelly-like spotting. It continued for several days getting slightly heavier and changing colour to light brown. I have had this now for 7 days (very light and not considered my period. All the time, my BBT remained high. I am due for my period in about 2-3 days. I was hoping this was implantation bleeding followed by decidual bleeding, but I am having slight cramps too. Is it possible to have a progesterone problem even though my temps stay high? Is the bleeding a sign that I could have a leutal phase defect? Should I test for pregnancy? Is it possible I could be having a very early miscarraige?
I have had spotting before my period for several years now and my doctor has tested me with endimetrial biopsy (came out normal-slightly uneven), and tested my blood (which showed slightly elevated prolactin levels--25?? Could this be a problem? We really want to have a baby and have been trying for only two months. Any answer you could give would be much appreciated!

Hi ya have you had any luck with solving your problem as I have the same problwm if so can you contact me on

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I too have had this same issue. Brown Spotting for 3 days (dpo 9,10,11) but high bbt and cramping. I usually get spotting before period though. I am wondering if have LPD?

I too have had this same issue. Brown Spotting for 3 days (dpo 9,10,11) but high bbt and cramping. I usually get spotting before period though. I am wondering if have LPD? Please let me know if you have found an answer to this. I put a call into my Dr. as this is my first month charting altough 3ttc

In speaking to my Dr. (fertility specialist) about this problem, he said it is not neccesarily a problem, especially if the spotting occurs after day 10 post ovulation. (Please note that I too had been tested for endometriosis and all the things that can be associated w/ spotting prior to period and all negative results) As I have only been trying for 4 months, he suggested continuing to try for 6 months prior to medication. He did suggest I could try clomid for this problem (he prefers this to progesterine). I might try to clomid as I am ready to conceive!! Good luck everyone...just sharing knowledge.