I had my period on 2-8 august 2006. My husband & I had sex on 3, 13, 21 august. I had 2 days of what appeared like spotting on 20, 21 august. My menses was due yesterday. I did a hpt this morning, and it's negative.

Was searching on the net, and it seems I should be able to test positive around 6-9 days after the implantation. How come I'm getting a negative (btw, I used 2 test!!).

And, spotting is implantation isn't it? Besides the 2 days of spotting, I've no other signs. No cramping, no morning sickness... been sleeping well, I'm not extremely exhausted or moody... no swollen breasts... in fact, besisdes spotting, it's like normal.

With my first baby, I had no spotting, but had very very very bad implantation cramps.

I would want another baby... so now I'm confused. I've already done 4 hpt (2 this morning, and 2 couple days ago before my missed period)... all negative. Could I be pregnant? Can I still not test positive after 10 days since the spotting?

hi
i dont know if your pregnant or not love but i can tell you that with my first baby i didnt test positive until 2 weeks after my period was due,most of the online sciantific facts are based upon the average woman but every woman is different,i would give it another couple of days before testing again,or if your really eager to know you could have a blood test done at your doctors,they can detect pregnancy alot earlier than a urine test
i hope this helps
good luck

I hope you have already found out you are pregnant, but if not, I hope this helps. I have been trying for on my eighth month now for my third child. I am 37. I have had every symptom listed everywhere, I feel everything my body is doing, and I had light spotting at 7 DPO for the last two months, which had me excited about possible implantation, but I did not become pregnant. What I have learned is that testing before the 14th DPO is very emotional. I found this information to be very helpful when feeling the craving to test early:

From fertilityfriend.com about the percentage of positive tests taken before AF is due....

We considered a batch of the most recent charts analyzed on the FertilityFriend.com web site. We considered 93,184 recent charts for which the woman's averages from past cycles were available (most notably the average luteal phase length). For each chart considered we took note of the ovulation day, the first positive pregnancy test, the first negative pregnancy test and the average luteal phase length. From the ovulation day and the average luteal phase length we were able to calculate the day of the expected menstrual period. This latter parameter is extremely important to understand the results.

Results:
Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO
Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO
Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%
Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%

****Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period. ****

Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts: 40.7%

I understand how you feel because me i have been going through this little thing where im feeling like im pregnant....I had sex with my ex boyfriend back in Nov. and he@&$$#^ inside of me well thats when it all started i started feeling sick to my stomach all the time, my stomach started to grow i started to get strech marks on my stomach so i took 4 preganacy test within a couple of weeks tiime which all came back negative i couldnt understand so we didnt worry about i t well we had sex plenty of more times uhntil on Nov.30th he did it again i was supposed to have a period on Dec. 21st which never came i just cramped the whole time well i brought another pregnancy test which came out negative again at this time i was beginnging to worry why was my test come out negative well just yestursday (jan.4th,07) i went to the doctors to get a blood test i will be getting the results sometimie soon i will keep you posted on this......

I'm in the same boat. We've been trying to get preg. for almost 3 years now. My Jan. period was very light and spotty, which is normally heavy. February came and no period. Now we are in mid march and still nothing. 7 neg. hpt and 1 neg. blood test later, nothing. I have most syptoms like morning sickness and fatigue and I feel like I can't even fit in my clothes anymore. I feel very preg...I have a doctors appointment in a week to find out whats going on. This would be my first succesful preg. if all is well. I had an ectopic many years ago which costed me one of my tubes. %-)

My husband and I have been trying now for at least a year to get pregnant. Normally for the last 2 years like clock work I have had my period on or around the 28th day of my cycle.

Normally my periods are heavy especially the first 3 days and last up to 6 days then normal again. This is the first month in the 2 years (not usuing birth control for 3 years) I received on the day I was to have my period but it was just spotting. This only lasted 3 days and it was a light spotting somewhat pink and brownish but mostly clear.

I have been feeling a bit dizzy in the morning and feel my stomach gargling sometimes and it feels bloated.

I have tried a HPT and it was negative, mind you I did this on what would have been my day 3 of my period. Bought a themometer and my temp is a bit higher than normal (36.9c or 37.0c).

Does this sound familiar? I see lots of people post here but never say if they are pregnant or not after. I will need to test near the end of the week for sure as I am Type 2 and will need to switch to insulin if pregnant.

Went to the doctor and had blood and urine samples taken and was negative.

Thought I would follow up to the last post.

Oh well need to try again.

my gf and i kind of well....fooled around a bit a while ago. then she had her period like REALLY bad about 3 weeks ago. now shes due for her period in about a week and she usually feels it but she only felt it "maybe a tiny bit" and shes spotting. but the thing is b/t her last period nd now we didnt do nething and i mean like ANYTHING. can she still b pregnant? nd shes been on a diet too. can that affect ur menstrual cycle like that?
AdAm