I will start charting my BBT. I need to know when best time to start with basal temperature chart is. Second thing, I am taking fertility medication Clomid, so I was wondering will this affect basal temperature chart. And what does it mean when temperature is elevated. I’ll appreciate any information. Thank you in advance.

The easiest way to begin charting is to start at the first day of your cycle. Cycle Day One is the first day that you see true red menstrual flow and then you simply take your temperature and record it on your chart. Commonly, pre-ovulate temperatures range from 97.0- 97.6, although there is a wide range of "normal" temperatures. You will notice that your temperature is higher than it has been on previous days one day and the general rule is that you have ovulated when your temperature rises .2 degrees higher than any temperature from the previous 6 days. it stays elevated for at least 3 consecutive days, temperatures range from 97.7 upward. And about the drug Clomid, It often causes elevated basal temperature around the time of taking the medication, and it appears to be more common to have a triphasic BBT on medications without pregnancy.