I do not usually chart my BBT, therefore, I know it isn't very reliable for me to check now that I have already ovulated. HOWEVER, I received a positive OPK about a week and a half ago...I had sex within the 3 days prior to that.

Now, I am having tender breasts that just started last night and before that, I was having a lot of cervical mucus...Normally, if I take my temperature during the day, it is about 97.7 or so..it is usually pretty low all of the time..hardly ever the "normal" 98.6...

The past few days, I have been checking my BBT temperature when I wake up because I am curious if I am pregnant or not.. I am 10 DPO.. My BBT temperature has been 97.8 and 97.7 the past two days...

My question is..since my normal body temperature is low, will this mean that my BBT temperature may be elevated from what my normal BBT is? (Could I be pregnant even though my BBT isn't in the 98-99 region?) Or does normal body temperature play a role in how high the BBT will be in determining pregnancy?

I've heard if you get the same temperatures on your basal body thermometer w/little variation, it might just be the thermometer reading your temperature inaccurately. I'd replace the batteries or get a new thermometer... make sure it is a basal body thermometer that reads to the hundredth degree, as in 97.70 is pretty different from 97.79. Hope this helps!

I know that this is an old post, but just in case there are an TTC nuts, who go crazy searching the internet in the 2WW looking to find out if they are preggo or not (like my self).  I just wanted to share that I have been charting for my third month now, and my "normal" post O temps are between 97.6-97.8 with pre-O temps being around 97.2.  I got a BFP today!!!!XD  11DPO and on 7DPO had a huge dip to 97.1, then back to 97.7 the next day.  My "normal" day time temp is between 98.1-98.3.  After 7DPO my day time temp was up to around 99.3.  So just because your BBT is not "normal" doesn't mean a thing.  You are you, not everyone else on these sites.

************Baby dust to ALL***********