Hello, I would like to know has anyone here taken Clomid to correct a short luteal phase. I have only had blood work and an HSG done, not an ultrasound. I'm not sure why my RE thinks Clomid is my first step in correcting LPD, although the HSG showed that I'm all clear, and my blood work showed elevated FSH. Did Clomid help lengthen anyone’s cycle? Mine is 22 days with an 8 day LP.

I asked doctor about Clomid today and she will want me to use it days 4-7. She said to help the follicles mature, so I asked her what made her decide to go with Clomid since she has only seen blood work. She said that it's probably a combination of things …estrogen, LH, FSH, etc.... I'll have to trust that she knows what she's doing. My luteal phase, period of time following ovulation, is very short usually between 6-9 days and I read that is normal between 11-14 days.