I was recently diagnosed with adult ADD and my psychiatrist put me on Strattera. Strattera signifcantly helped me with my focus, concentration, and extremely minimized my day dreaming, but after six weeks of taking the medication, i had lost approximately 15 pounds and could not take any food or fluids down. I stopped taking the Strattera, met with my psychiatrist, and he recently switched me to Concerta, which i have been using for the past five days. The psychiatrist told me that the Concerta would take effect right away, but i have not noticed any change. In fact, i day dream even more in comparison to the way I was prior to taking any psychotropic medication. Does it take a long time for the Concerta to start helping me? Should i already be seeing results/changes/effects? Any feedback would be helpful...

Leeyah-

I'm going through the same thing, just started Concerta after Strattera, and I don't feel the difference in Concerta. I know this is not an answer but can you tell me what happened to you at the end?

I switched from Lily Fluoxitine to Concerta to treat me, as an adult with ADHD. Check the dosage with your Doctor. I'm on only 36mg in the morning. The differences are very subtle but it has certainly helped me in so many respects. I feel more centred, less-edgy and certainly far more in control of my impulsive manner of thinking. Either re-visit and change the dosage or Concerta is a drug that you specifically do not respond to.

Remember, the changes are subtle. It helps if you have someone who knows you very very well to monitor your progress on a day-to-day manner.

Let me know how it goes. I know so well how ADHD get be so debilitating.

Yes, Concerta is subtle. I was 51 when I started and it was a week before I realized 'Hey! Wait a minute! I'm making decisions that I used to agonize over, starting things/projects ,etc, that I should have long time ago, Finishing some of the same! No, you don't suddenly feel different 20-30 minutes after ingesting, or even the next morning. There is this awareness that comes over you at some point ' Hey! Stuff's getting done!' It is the people around you who will notice the difference first. Does it work for everybody? Of coarse not! But it did for me. Everybody's physiology and chemistry is different. Fine tune/dial it in for your body. Many of these med's can effect sleep, practise good sleep hygene - You don't drink coffee after 5:00pm do you?! Take it first thing in the morning. Rebound effect when your med's wear off? Yeah, but you manage it like when you're coming down off your coffee/espresso/power drink " Hey, I apologize about my irritibleness, my med's are wearing off, just pop me upside my head and i will be back to normal" - Humor is a great management tool

Hello

I was taking Strattera first I was on 18mg them the Dr put me on 25mg, My concentration Improve a lot, I only needed to read my papers only one time, but the issue was that I was losing my sleep very often. The Dr change to concerta 36mg and until now I don't see any results, a friend told that concerta is way better that strattera, but for me I don't see nothing and I take a pill every mourning, around couple hours I feel sleepy and my concentration is worst than ever. I keep drinking Coke I don't know if this interferes with the medicine or I need to wait until my body accept this new pill, but I've taken around 20 pills.

Any Advice.

Thanks

I am looking at starting to take strattera and am currrently on 27mg of concerta. Whats I find strange is that I used to be on 54mg concerta as a teenager with 10mg of regular ritalin in the morning as a boost. I am not sure if its from my previous drug use but the effects of the 27mg concerta and even just two halves of a 10mg ritalin a day reminds me alot of what speed felt like the one time I did it. I was told that strattera minimises the feeling of being "high" but improves concentration is this true?

My son has been on Concerta for more than 5 years which quickly takes affect. Dr wants to put him on Strattera because not amphetamine like concerta which can do more damage to the heart. Dr. said strattera will take few weeks to take affect which he always has to take. Vs i dont give him concerta on the weekend when he not in school. Dr. also concern with him being on concerta so long because no weight gain.

I have been on concerta for a while now, almost too long to remember, and although you may daydream more, it works. I noticed that I zoned out more too, however, I did retain the information because I would repeat it a week later. You may also need additional help. might I suggest something to fidget with. That ought to help on top of that.

Depending If You were Epileptic Or Not As well Did Concerta Cure your Symptoms of Bipolrness how many Mgs are You taking With in your Dosage?

My 9 year old son is currently on 36mg of Concerta (maximum dose for his weight). Although it has somewhat improved his learning in the classroom, his appetite during the day is nil; and he has developed some nervous tics (for eg pulling at his hair or his lip). For these reasons, his Dr. suggested we try Strattera. His Dr. said that he could just stop the Concerta one day (not taper off) and start the Strattera the next. Can anyone tell me of any initial side effects of Strattera; and how long you have to be taking it before you can see any it's effects? He will be on the minimum dose of 18mg and he is only about 47 pounds.

I was told that stattera doesn't even start working proberly until u have been taking it for 10weeks so about 2months

I have a 9 yrs old son that we have done the exact same thing as you are doing now. You do not want to continue the Concerta with the tics. My son was starting to fell really bad about it and dr. wanted to avoid any self confidence issues... We have him of the strattera and it takes time .... It takes the 4-6 weeks to be in his system, We even needed to gradually increase him to 50 mg. which was the max for his weight. Be patient you will almost think the medicine is not working but it may just be the dosage needs to be increased. keep with it.

My friend's son started Strattera a year and a half ago at age 14. There was like a 3 week build up to it. He was a little detatched and dulled a bit for the first week or so, then nearly back to normal. It affected his appetite.He was more organized and focused in school and at home. He said the drug helped him do things even when he didn't feel like it. But last year he was tired of feeling different and went off it. He also said he missed eating.

no caffeine when taking concerta

I ordered Strattera here -- Qr-url.tk/Strattera