so i barely had a bowel movement, almost nothing came out, except for these white long string like things in my stool.
i was concerned so i tried to pull it apart with toilet paper {not my bare hands, eww..} and it was hard and
definately stringlike. i wiped again and more came out, it literally felt like it was attached to something inside..
what is this, and could it be contagious? i have a 5 month old son at home and i worried that if it is contagious
that it could be passed on to him.

This sounds like tape worm, and yes, they are very contagious. I would go to the doctor right away if I were you. Good luck!

I've had stringy things in my stool twice; once today, and they aren't white or anything. The stringy thing I had was more like brown and actually did look like some wierd elastic string thing a few inches or so long. I really hope that wasn't parasites too...has anyone had brown colored string things in their stool?

I have looked up more on this and some people said it could be worms and some said the stringy things could be because you're eating things like bananas or fiber, I think, but I don't like bananas. The last time I ate one was when I was 10.

Anyway, anyone know what this could be, or if it could be worms, too? I was having a little abdominal pain today, but I didn't know why. I didn't eat anything very weird--I had cereal for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch (with eggs and mayonaise), and I didn't really have a big supper. I just had cheese and crackers for a snack because I wasn't very hungry. I don't think those things did it. But could tuna have worms in it? I think the Starkist tuna in the cans is cooked, right? Even though it's cold?

Thanks to anyone who might know something.

what was that?

I have this too, so you are not alone. I am going to see a doctor, as it is increasing.

Google Rope Worm!

I always hate it when people reply, yet don't answer the question - however, that's exactly what I'm doing. Sorry :/ However, I just had the same exact experience as you described and RAN to the computer - fearing the worst (worms). I can barely standing thinking about it. Did you ever find out what was going on with you? Thanks!

did you ever get an answer?