Hi, I'm 34 years old and I have a problem with my stool. Lately I have noticed some string whitish string like formations in it, I feel no pain or discomfort during bowel movements and I'm wondering what those things could be. Is it possible that those stringy things in my stool are undigested fibers of the food I ate or is it something else, something more dangerous?

You didn’t describe those stringy things in your stool in more detail so it is impossible to give you any certain diagnosis over the internet. These stringy things in your stool can me many things. Maybe if you have had some meal that contains undigestable substances, you might have eaten some plastic without noticing it, like in some meat products or maybe on a hot dog. There is also a possibility that you might have been infected by parasites like worms. Worms can be transmitted through contaminated food where their eggs are found and when they get to the intestines they develop to their mature forms and procreate there producing many more eggs and larva that are spread further with your feces. If that is true you might have experienced some symptoms like abdominal discomfort, or nausea, strange intestinal movements but that is not necessary and most of the times patients have no symptoms at all. I think you should report this to your doctor so he or she could run some blood urine and feces tests to determine what exactly are those things and to see if they are dangerous for your health or not.

I had the really bad time when I was in the same situation like Guest was. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what is going on with me. So, my hubby convinced me to see my doctor so I did. I was diagnosed with proctitis. It seems that this can be caused by so many things including radiation therapy, inflammatory bowel disease, sexually transmitted diseases  etc. Well, the result is rectal bleeding, mucus in stool, diarrhea, abdominal pain, swelling, etc.

In my case, antibiotics worked just fine for me. This stringy stool caused me a lot of headaches. 

I have noticed I get the "stringy" things in my stool the morning after I eat a banana (sometimes I eat without noticing the stringy things on the banana & I do not pull them off before I eat)... another thing that I eat is raw spinach. The longer stem portion of the spinach leaf can come out as a string... but mostly, the longer ones - from bananas o.O

hi im skylar im 14 an i get it to is it dangerous its medium length white an it dont hurt during the process tho

ya the same with me but im 13 and freaking out bout it there like a cm long but im rlly scraed plz help:'(

Mary Monkeys -

Please dont be scared, they sound just like threadworms/pinworms if they are about 1cm long. It is estimated that 70% of school children have them at some time in their school lives, and up to 40% of school children at any one time. Its a bit like nits/headlice - you cant help catching it, it is NOT your fault, just one of those things. They dont harm you.

We have had them lots of times as I have 2 small boys at primary school. It is really easy to treat. You just need to buy some Ovex/Vermox (these are just UK brand names, but the drug is called 'Mebendazole') from the chemist/pharmacy.

Take one tablet on an empty tummy when you wake up with a glass of water.

Make sure you was your bottom really well every morning when you wake, preferably in a shower rather than a bath, so the invisible eggs get washed away. If your bottom feels a bit 'sticky', make sure you get rid of all this stickiness.

Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after going to the loo, and before every time you eat. Try not to bite your nails or touch your mouth with your fingers.

Take a second tablet 2 weeks later, in the same way - with water when you wake up with an empty tummy.

This should clear things up for you.

Its very likely that if you have them, the other people you live with will have them aswell. You mustn't be embarrassed, as there is NO way to tell whose fault it is - they may have given you the worms!!!

So for this reason, everyone in your house should take the 2 tablets and wash their bottoms thoroughly for 2 weeks as soon as they wake up. If not, then one person may just keep spreading it back to everyone else in the house as the eggs are invisible.

Dont worry, remember, 70% of school children get them, and its not your fault. Take care.

Did you figure out what it was? just curious , I have the same things. I am positive these are worms.

I am Getting the Same thing pretty sure its not a worm though It would be very Squirmy In the water,Plus It I think its Some sort 

Of fiber (had a fiber bar not that long ago) I recall Seeing A couple Grains In it 

i literally just took a dump, and there are a few white strings that are similar to corn strings, i also did eat string beans last night. i just get really paranoid about this kind of stuff. And dont tell me theyre pinworms, ive had pinworms and these are not them.

I had a recent bout of what I believe to be pancreatis, the symptoms all fit.  The next day, after a bowel movement, when I wiped, there was a fibrous, braided cord there.  Then the next day, after a bowel movement, a piece of bowel came out and it was caught on the cord that was still in me.  It was like a pedulum of a clock.  The cord had to be about 5 inches.  when i pushed out another piece of bowel it came out.  my bowels were very irregular looking. real pale, stirations in them, it looked like undigested food in them.  I had no pain with the bowel movement.  I haven't had it since (the cord thing), still odd looking bowels on most days.  any help out there?

hi im 12and ive been  havinv the sane thing its not pin worm i know for a fact but im scared can someone help

I believe we all have rope parasites.  I've been cleansing for 3 months of them, this one isn't easy but they only get worse. 

Good luck everyone!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm so freaked out right now. I just went to the bathroom and noticed brown strings. I have been feeling abdominal discomfort nausea and sometimes itching and more gas then usual. What does this mean I'm so scared right now!

Did you ever figure out what this is? I am having a similar issue.