Well this is the second time in a month that I have stringy white stuff in my bowel movement I'm kind of freaking out can somebody help me with this please?

When we are talking about stringy bowel movement there are a few things that can be the main cause of it. But first, to clear one thing out - healthy stool can have mucus, but it should be in some "normal" amount. In some other cases, when you notice a lot of it, that is usually a signs of some health issue. 

It can be ulcerative colitis. When you have this,  the mucus membrane of the large intestine becomes inflamed and ulcers form on it. 

It can be also some bacterial infection. There are so many bacteria that can attack the intestines can lead to mucus and white stringy stuff in stool. Find out the cause. 

I've been searching all over for a reason for that symptom in my daughter. For months now she has had white and dark green stingy looking things in her stool and parts of her stool are now large white clumps. She has had stool and urine samples tested... but everything came back normal. Except I know it's not. She is irritable and grumpy and everytime I see the stuff it creeps me out.

the white mucous and stringy like substance sounds like candida to me... it is a fungus due to diet, antibiotics and stress (one or all). remove all sugar from diet, lots of water and but Threelac to treat the overgrowth of bad flora in the intestine. and yes this does cause you to be irritable, headaches, gas, bloating the list goes on and on... look up candida and a lot of info will show up.

I have this same exact problem! I'm 13 but have only done this since I was about 11 or 12. Can somebody tell me why this is happening!

same thing just happened to me but i have been eating a lot of string cheese lately and is it possible that that is the problem?

It's not likely to be string cheese -- it wouldn't be identifiable or whole by the time it goes all the way through your digestive tract and out of your body. If you weren't able to digest the string cheese, you would get the same symptoms of lactose intolerance with any dairy products you consume. If you eat other foods and they come out in your stool in the same identifiable form as when you ate them, then it means you have a problem digesting foods. I hope this is not the case.

Take probiotics (which is good bacteria, but avoid the fungus-derived ones) every day to help crowd out the fungus. Stop eating high-carb, starchy food, and eliminate all sugar and dairy foods from your diet to starve the fungus of its food sources (it feeds on those things).

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

Oh, and be sure to drink lots of water, keep active during the day (don't be sedentary or a couch potato), and include plenty of fresh, watery, high-fiber vegetables in your diet, as it will be important for your body (kidneys, liver, lymphatic system, and large intestine -- they are your filtration and elimination systems) to be able to flush/push out the toxins that are released during the death of the fungal organisms. Keeping active (exercising, moderately) is important because it will help your lymphatic system be more effective at getting rid of toxins from your body. Read about "die-off" symptoms. They are only temporary and should last from a day to about a week, but read about what it means if you feel too bad (in that case, go slower with treatment and drink lots of water to eliminate excessive toxins). Hope everything goes well for you!

D

Follow the anti-candida diet. An resource that I found very helpful was the anti-candida diet in Dr. Fred Pescatore's book 'The Allergy and Asthma Cure.' It gives a good, easy-to-understand explanation of what's going on in the body (also talks about the progression of food intolerances, intestinal and gut problems, inflammatory conditions like allergies and asthma, etc.), explains which foods will help or make things worse, provides a week-by-week dietary program, and includes some recipes. You can also find very helpful guideline on theanticandidadiet website (sorry I pasted the link here in my previous post, so this part got deleted).

Well, where there is an imbalance and lots of toxins in the body, this creates a favorable environment for both candida (and all other fungi/molds) and parasites, as well as for viruses and bad bacteria, and it would not be unusual to find them all in the same problem area. I used to have this type of problem. If you've been battling it for years, this is a clear sign of a continuing imbalance, and it usually points to a problem with the immune system (white blood cells, compound proteins, antibodies to harmful organisms, and antibodies that neutralize toxins -- all of these have to work in order for you to be well, and your other organs have to work well also in order for the whole body to be well). Even if a lab analysis of the white blood cells shows up as "normal," it would not be indicative that there is no problem. White blood cells and antibodies may be there, but they may not be active. They also need nutrition in order to do their job (they will not work if they lack vitamins and minerals). Also, as in my case, the cellular command that tells them to "activate/go work" may not be taking place.

Causes for having this type of problem can be a genetic weakness (being readily prone to an imbalance), junk food in your diet, chronic insufficient nutrient intake (vitamins, minerals, beneficial substances from fresh produce, etc.), and other things, such as a bodily injury that was not able to heal, blockage of neural orders for the processes to take place, blockage of bodily energy flow, chemical interference from drugs (which, by the way, do not heal and usually make things worse, causing even greater imbalances), trapped emotions in organs causing disruption of function (research it, as many people have such problems without being aware of them), and psychological problems can also lead to physical problems.

In any case, strengthening the immune system through a diet permanently changed to healthy, fresh natural foods (as opposed to pre-packaged ones) with lots of vegetables and fruit, as well as fresh, good-quality grains and adequate water intake (always keep your insides hydrated!) is in most cases the change needed to get rid of such problems. It may take a long time, since the body corrects itself gradually (the more time the problem has been present, the longer it will take to reverse such problems). If your condition is severe, juice fresh vegetables with a little bit of fruit (ratio should be more vegetables than fruit). Avoid powders, pills, and processed stuff; vitamins and minerals should come from foods, not processed supplements, which are inferior to the fresh ones and do not contain all the other things the fruit or vegetable contains which are also essential. Your body can heal itself, given it has good nutrition.

For genetic weaknesses, food allergies, and organ dysfunction that seemingly does not heal, seek an energy medicine practitioner. Find a natural health practitioner who expertly employs muscle testing. If the practitioner seems to be a money-grubbing person that charges extremely high rates that most people cannot easily afford, chances are they are not a good practitioner, so seek someone else. Learn Quantum-touch, "the power to heal," for yourself (find the book in a library or buy online). For me, learning how to understand and direct my body's own self-healing ability helped me obtain a second chance at life, and I no longer struggle with chronic parasite, viral, and systemic fungal infections like I used to. I'd be dead by now if I hadn't learn to take control of my health (and standard medical doctors were making things worse, so after I learned how to take care of myself, I am glad that I no longer have to see them... they know next to nothing about helping the body reverse problems and healing).

All the best to you! :)

D1014

Thank you for the help with the post...I know you are so right with all my research and I have no way to get to the diet I need to and the doctors I need to...I have been waiting on disability for years.  Hopefully I am coming down to the end of the wait.  I know in my heart you are so right about all of it and I hope I can find a doctor like you talk about here in Boca Raton, Florida.  It is like every doctor is only out for the money except for my family doctor which is really trying to get me thru this time until I can afford the  health care, but all she can do is treat the symptoms.  When she saw the size of my stomach this past December she wanted me in the hospital immediately.  The hospital wouldn't admit me because I didn't have insurance and she wanted me to go tell them I had chest pains so that they would have to admit me but I just can't.  I am going to go on the diet you suggested as soon as I have a way to go to the grocery store.   They have tested my stool but the only thing they said is that I had blood in it and that is also in my urine.  I just know this has been my problem for years.  Again, thank you for caring enough to share. 

Yes, drugs can have that side effect, dreggurn. They degrade your body's immune system, so yeast, molds, bacteria, and parasites flourish throughout the body as a result of it, causing wide-spread and often extensive damage. The longer it goes on, the worse the person's symptoms and condition will be. Fortunately, 'laying off' such harmful substances and obtaining proper nourishment can allow the body to reverse some of the damage that was done.

grow up kid

I had this problem after eating lots of string cheese aswell ur not alone

That's exactly what it is. I was just treated for a yeast infection, one pill treatment. But I'm having all symptoms listed. Thank u!

I had a similar thing with my. I have been unwell for over 5 years and doctors couldn't tell me what was wrong. By pure accident I needed a high doses antibiotic and Clover oil put on an infected gum from a tooth extraction. I became very ill and then the next day I pooped out a 15cm long stringy clear whitish thing. It looked like a worm. I Google Drive images of worms and I identified it as fluke worm. Since then I have been treating myself for parasitesale with a supplement that has Clover oil, thyme oil, black walnut, worm wood and garlic. I have been passing a amazing number of worms all shapes and sizes, thankfully dead. My stools are brown but the water is murky white. I guess it's them causing that. It's been a month since starting my detox of parasitesome and I feel so much better than before. Hope this is helpful .
Heidi