Alright.. i have been searching for hours to find out what is wrong and i can't find anything that really matches what I'm experiencing. About a month ago i noticed white things in my stool. Sometimes they looks thread like and other times more like a little round peanut type thing.. now because i described them as thread like my mom put me on pinx figuring i just have pinworms. The only thing is i have never seen anything move or anything that actually looks like a worm.. whats in my stool is more thread thread like but in no way really resembles a worm.. it even like half dissolves in the toilet and almost unravels so to speak, i would almost describe it as sheer. And even weirder is that sometimes the specs and threads are more of a light brown.. They come and go. Sometimes theres quite a bit and sometimes theres really none. I do experience some anal itching, but more so usually during the day than at night, which is usually triggered when i think about the problem and get skeeved out.. sometimes it'll bother me and there's a slight mucus in the anal region but that happened more around the day i got my period which made me wonder if it was just an effect from that. I've taken two doses of the pinx already.. and i still see them in stool on and off.. it's really driving me crazy not knowing what it is because i don't really think it's worms i'm seeing.. perhaps it's something i'm eating? the only thing is idk what i could be eating that would have the effect. I'm lost. :-(

I believed that no one can have white stool, that this is not possible. I remember when my friend had it I didn't believe in this.

One day I woke up and I had exactly the same issue. It was because of the parasites. It is well known that parasite such as giardia or some worms such as tapeworm in most of the cases result in stools having white lumps. Well, these lumps could be the infective bugs  and the patient usually has digestive problems, nutritional deficiency and pain in the abdomen. 

So, you should change your diet program and you should see your doctor about this, you can also consult the nutritionist about this thing. 

it can be a parasite

I have noticed the same thing. It comes and goes but just deosn't seem normal. Any ideas?

I have that too.. Ever find out what it was?

**edited by moderator**

i have them too and never could find an answer for it on internet , i ve sent them to two labs they said they r not parasites

has ANYONE found the answer to this?? PLEASE this is SO important to me!
I have the EXACT SAME problems. White/light brown specs in stool, for 3 months now, there was a couple weeks there i didn't really notice any, but they are usually evenly distrubuted throughout the stool. And as well, I have also noticed thread-like strings at least 4 times as well. It definately didn't look like a worm, just exactly like a thread. It is so bizzare. At the beginning it was very painful and burning to pass a bowel movement, but that has seized and the white/light brown specs have continued. This is driving me CRAZY. Doctor said it was probably mucous, but that is such a practical answer, everybody has gotten the same answer from their doctor as well and I think it's obvious it isn't mucous and when I brought up that maybe it was a worm or parasite she was like nooooo no! like I was crazy. But seriously if any of you have found the answer it'd be extremely nice if you could keep us posted, PLEASE! Family doctors don't seem to know much, I would have to see a specialist. I'd just like to KNOW what it is before I have to go. It scares me.... And also I get such a bloated feeling within me, and a reason I don't feel like it's worms is because I don't notice and extreme hunger as someone would experience with worms. I eat the same as I always have and my apetite hasn't changed. I tried changing my diet to see if it was something I was eating and it's NOT. I am an 18 year old female... what could it be??

Do you know by now what is the problem? It seems like I'm having same, specs in very soft light brown stool, for 3 months back, going to bathroom often, bloating so bad ....... and don't know what causes it. Thanks.

Why do so many of us have the same problems and the "doctors" don't know what's going on? I am looking everywhere to try to find answers only to find questions. It's scary, we don't know what's happening to our bodies, and it's internal so there's a psychological factor too. This seems like a good time for a professional to step in and help. But it seems like most doctors only care about money and not people. I'm no doctor, but I would help if I could regardless of how much money I made from it.

do a check for candida

Does the Bloating Hurt primarily just under your ribcage on the right side?, and only after you eat? if So I have been having the same issues lately. the best thing I have come up with is a problem with my gallbladder. it would definitely cause the spotting in your stool,bloating, PAIN. once I read the symptoms of Gallbladder everything else started falling in line, 3 months of constipation etc.

It can be known as ibs irritable bowel symdrone caused by to tight of clothing or irregular diet

PINWORMS found in stool

I am a 37 year old MAN. I too am having the bloating, pain under rt ribs, what looks like peanuts in stool and mucus in stool. For the last 2 months I have had several test done. I am having the function of my gall blatter checked on 3-25-11. We have ruled out: appenix, kidney stones, gall stones, hernia. So fall it looks like gall blader or IBS irritable bowel syndrom. hope this helps someone. I have been waiting 2 months and still don't know for sure yet

Same problem with threads, constipation and small peanutlike substance. Had a stool specimen and came back positive for campybacteria