I am a 32yr old woman and have no other symptoms or diseases except for 3 bladder infections in the last 9 months, one very bad but all gone with antibiotics, lots of yoga, and have a very healthy (mostly vegetarian) diet, especially in the last 6 months.

For several weeks, every several days as I was digesting a big meal, I'd temporarily feel sort of a gas-like or digestion-type flutter in the lower left of my abdomen, and I had a feeling I had something stuck in there. No pain or anything. Yesterday morning I noticed a little string or something (I thought it was an old sausage casing!), stool-colored, and had to pull it gently to free it. I looked at it and it really looked like stool. Not worm-like. I still feel fine, other than being really grossed out. I haven't noticed the flutter in the lower left abdomen and my stool is, as always, twice a day and a "3" on the stool firmness scale.

Could this be old gum? Just a weird thing?

ive had that happen... it was after i had taken a fiber supplement (metamucil or something similar). no worries! it was kind of tough and rubbery. if you have taken something like that, it could be the cause.

I've been taking the cheap walmart or target ($5) metamucil knock off for two years now. I either drink a shake in replace of a meal or else directly after every thing I eat. I did it originally because my mom and everybody else said I'd lose weight...So I have I think...At least haven't gained any...

Anyway, I had the same problem..Going through it now even...Rubbery bowel movements somewhat like constipation. I figured it was because my intake of metamucil was too much, but I was told you can't have too much fiber...

I read that I need more water. I'll give it a shot as it's not exactly comfortable...I have NEVER had anything remotely close to diarreah on metamucil and I have at least 6-7 glasses of it a day...Maybe it is too much but by now I feel as though if I don't have it, I will get fat. I feel bloated after I eat without it...

Good luck...

Totally doing the same. I take metamucil to clear my GI tract - though I mix it with yogurt because I thought maybe my yeast was high - feeling tired. Metamucil have you ever let it sit - it turns nasty gummy so it could totally do the same in your intestine. Definitely drink lots of water with it or flavored drops and water. Lemon and ginger is supposed to be GI friendly as well, or papaya, or various teas.

I got so freaked out at what I saw I have made a doctor's appointment to check for parasites and ordered a cleanse. I thought it was worms at first. Then, I realized maybe my metamucil clomped or got stuck. Oh-well time will tell.

I had a prescription from the doctor for years for stomach pains after I ate. It wasn't pain from overeating. Just my stomach would feel knotted. I never realized it could be yeast or parasites. Yuk. But, if anything on the internet is true it is easy enough for the doctor to treat or homeopathic problems on amazon.

I totally love when Metamucil does this. As strange as it may sound, I know that it is really working then. Your body is amazing, and when it picks up that fiber and clings to it and turns your poop into this crazy stringy elastic gloom , it means you actually got rid of some of the most obtrusive disgusting sh*t that has been lining your colon for too long. Consider yourself free!
Don't you feel it? An amazing sense of lightening?
Eat well immediately afterwards. Lots of natural fiber. Your colon is the last stop for on your body's train station to absorbing much values vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, it can be a weigh station for toxic sh*t as well so please enjoy and appreciate your new found freedom from this free loading mucous.

Perfect answer :-) Thanks

That's great info. Thank you so much for helping. I had no idea.

crazy stringy elastic gloom is exactly what my husband is experiencing - thanks for letting us know that this is normal. We were pretty worried to say the least. It's no problem UNLESS he is trying to get a stool sample for testing and can hardly get a small sample.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this!! Much relieved to know this!!

Thanks, now I know what it was.

Great answer.. thanks. I thought I was alone.. I take psyllium husk twice a day before meal replacement shakes and meals, as I have only just started this, I was very concerned with how it effected me. Now I know it's all for the good :)

You're only to consume 3 glasses of fiber supplements a day... (Metamucil ) I think u are taking too much

What about all the terrible cramping and pain in my guts along with the rubbery, elastic gross stuff?

Thanks for your inspiring reply!

What a relief to read this answer you just saved me a trip to the GI Dr. &
Encouraged me to follow thru now with some healthy food suggestions! TY