Hi. I'm very worried right now because I'm experiencing some strange and weird symptoms. For the last two months I'm noticing some strange whitish strings in my stool.
At first I wasn’t so worried but, like I said, this lasts more then 2 months now. I was just wondering what could cause these stringy bowel movements symptoms. Could it be that I got some parasite infection, worms or something like that..?
Please, if anyone had similar symptoms-feel free to write about this because I don’t know how serious this could be. Every information would be more then useful!

I have just read about your problem and to be honest with you- it sounds a bit worrying.
Your symptoms could definitely indicate on some parasite infection because many of them are easily found in stool.
They could be cured but you must contact your gastrologist as soon as you can. Some of them if left undetected could enter your blood stream and cause systematic infections which are much more serious. There are also some other possible causes such as celiac disease- malabsorption of several dietary ingredient especially fibers.
So, I think you don’t have any more time to waste. Early detection is essential for proper diagnoses and treatment.

HI! cynde ! thank u 4 ur post . Im not a 100% sure but i think i have d same thing that u have. ive been looking at my stools and i ve been noticing just this really really short strings of like a thread and its very visible, whitish 2 and hangin out d surface of my stools . and after every bowel movement i get rectal itching .only it sooths when i scratch it a little . but then itll start itchin again and go on like this 4 a while . im suspecting it might b candida but i havent gone 2 d doctor 2 get stool test or anything like that. i also get itchiness around my stomach . i dont know if it these symptoms r related though but if u get them 2 then it must b.

Hi there.

I was so scared when I saw this. I believed that I have some worms in my stool, I don't know what. I always had some issues with digestive moments, but I never believed that this can happen to me and that I will have issues with stringy bowel movements. Horrible, horrible feeling. 

When I came to see my doctor, he asked me what I was eating. Since I was at high - fiber diet program, it seems to me that this was the reason. Look, it is very important to observe what you are eating. This all can be caused by your bad eating habbits. 

those are pinworms..you both have pinworms. there treated with over the counter medacation, your whole family should be treated VERY contagious, wash your bed sheets as well. google pin worms for more info..100% sure this is what you have, ive had them

I found your posting after looking on the web for stringy stool. My son has been dealing with this for a year now. It is Not pinworms... Being a mother of 4 we have had our bouts with the pinworms these strings are not the same. We have been to the Specialist & so on. They tell me what it isnt as far as bacteria and that the test negetive for pinworms. They have tested more stool samples that I can count over the past year , send it away to some lab where they look under the microscope for bacteria & for other indications but they dont actually take out the strings to see what they are. He has the same symptoms youve mentioned , with the addition of white urine . Whe he goes pee on the deck or gravel the next day it will look like a white chalky film... It does seem to alternate from being the strings to little black specks smaller that a kiwi seed. So to describe the 2 the strings look like corn silk or the strings around a tangerine and the specks like the kiwi mentioned above. Just last night I got a jar filled it with aloe vera gel & placed 3 of the strings in it. So rather than telling the Dr what they look like Im going to say Here is what they look like. I really do understand what your going through & your frustration. I would just love to have this behind us & start the New Year string free! Oh and as far as it being what you eat the strings Always look the same no matter what he eats and there is a foul sort of sour milk smell. Good Luck & I will keep you posted if we find out : ) or better yet When we find out

I had "strings that look like corn silk" today in my stool... just wondering if the mother of 4 who posted on 11/30/07 ever found out anything from the doctor.

pls get checked for celiacs disease. this could answer lots of questions..... good luck!!

Hey everyone,

I have the same thing and I have been freaking out for a while now, I have had my stools sampled when i first noticed them a while back, and they said there is nothing wrong with them. I tell my gastro doctor about it and he looks at me like im CRAZY... So I put gloves on and broke them in half and again there like long to short white string like things.. almost looks like roots from the dirt in the ground. I took a picture of it ( I know its gross but its the only way i think my doctor will take notice to it without thinkin im crazy. ( when I first started getting it I thought it was worms and was freaking out, like crazy! but the thing is they dont move.. I should mention I have Gastroparisis ( its a stomach disorder where your stomach doesn't digest the food in your stomach, but its a slight case of it) and I have been having stomach issues since i was 17 and im going to be 24 in a couple months.. since then i have been in and out of the hospital and when im there i stay for weeks cuz i cant hold anything down ( vomiting) and im in extreme pain.. and the doctors are always like "cant find anything" other then the gastroparisis they found recently.. Im like always really tired and I sleep alot lately. I have to take two zofran 8mg tablets in order to not vomit every day. Im hoping the pictures he looks @ will finally help him tell me whats wrong with me.. If I find out about the white stringy things and what they are I will let you guys know. But like some of the others Im like 99% sure i dont have worms..

I'm going to use some descriptive terms but I'm not trying to be gross, just to get some information out there! I had a semi-loose bowel movement just now and I had to look to see if it was watery or not (cuz then I would take an Imodium A-D). It wasn't watery but just kind of loose, like not very tightly compacted or solid ? and there were string-looking things coming out of the ends. Not white. Brown like everything else. I have had Chow Mein for the passed 2 days at lunch so I'm wondering if any of you have had noodles frequently and just aren't putting 2+2 together? I didn't eat Chow Mein today so I'll come back and post again if I see the strings again. But the poster just a few messages up from me mentioned sleeping a lot. I'm tired all the time too ! then again I work 10 hr days so, I don't want to jump to any conclusions , just yet. be back if I have more data !

Hi it's me, the passerby from 6/11/10. I haven't eaten chow mein in a long time or anything else noodle-y and I have not had any more stringy bowel movements. Something else I was doing different around that time, was I had switched from regular dairy milk to SOY MILK; which is apparently not good for females to do because it has a natural form of estrogen in it and it can seriously mess up your menstrual cycle! I found that on wiki.answers.com

No. They are NOT pinworms. Pin worms are WHITE.

She/He is talkin about his/her poop being stringy and jelly like. NOT seeing WHITE maggot looking parasites in her/his stool.

I suggest you READ once more and THINK about your answer next time.

Our daughter had recurrent pinworms (threadworms) and we decided to treat with three days of mebendezole (Vermox/Combantin). The day after we finished the treatment, my stools had tons of these dead, brown stringy looking worms hanging out. They were really long, approx 10cm (but it was hard to tell exactly how long as one end was always in my stool).

Our doctor had ordered stool tests, as we have been trying to figure out why our family has so many gastrointestinal problems, so I put the worms and the stool in the sample container with the preservative. When I looked again about six hours later, the "poo" color had stripped away and they were white worms. It's impossible to know what type they are, but I'm guessing roundworm. We will see when the pathology comes back.

Obviously I'm freaking out. I don't know if there are any more in my system. We travel a lot in Asia and South America, so I probably picked them up there. The scary thing is that I had no symptoms, and I would never have known about these if we hadn't done the three day treatment of mebendazole. This is a good way to treat an infection restricted to the gastrointenstinal tract, but if the worms have spread to the liver, lungs (where the larvae hatch, then return to the stomach), the mebendazole won't get rid of them. For systemwide treatment (including killing the eggs), you need Albendazole, which is much stronger and more effective.

If you have had a worm infection, the WHO recommends a repeat treatment two-three weeks later. Then treatment every three months for a year after that. To maintain worm free, they recommend treatment every six months in subsequent years.

Worms cause a variety of health issues which go undiagnosed. The WHO estimates that worm infections are the single greatest cause of anemia in children in the world. If you travel to a lot of countries with poor hygiene, or you have kids, you should worm regularly. If you live in the US, you need a prescription for Vermox, unlike most other countries where you can buy it over the counter. I recommend buying it online from pharmacies outside the US. But see if you can get the name brand from overseas as I have found that the generics are often not effective.

Good luck everyone!

I have been fighting a serious fungal infection on my face for the last year and have finally started to win my battle. It's dying quickly and clearing from my skin. After all this time it has grown elsewhere in my body. As it dies I have fibrous thick string in my bowel movements. Maybe what you have is yeast or fungus dying off in your system. That's gross but not necessarily bad. It means your immune system is working and getting rid of it. Does it have an almost sweet, yeasty smell to it ? That's a definite sign of Candida yeast in your stool. Female vaginal infections are also a sign of yeast and fungus in your body.

You can get Candida yeast cleanses from any health food store to rid your body of yeast. That would at least be a place to start and it might cure the problem.

For the worm problem, you can take Black Walnut tincture which is also available from a health food store. Ask any knowledgeable clerk in the store for an intestinal parasite cleanser.

anonymous wrote:

bluebettegirl wrote:

Oh my God, I'm looking up information on the same thing and when I read that comment, I started freaking out. Yes, please be more informed before you take a stab at the answer!