In the recent 3 days morning, I found my stool contains some yellowish / greenish oil. Is there any problem with my digestive system? My diets in these days are normal which did not contain too much oil! Shall I go to the hospital to have some medical checks?

You are wondering three mornings in the row why your stool is yellow and you didn't do anything about this?

I understand that people are aware that it is normal that stool changes it's color, but you should be careful because it can also be a sign of some potential diseases. For example, in some cases, yellow stool may be a result of liver disorders, some diet changes, or stress if you are living under some stress and pressure.

Oily greasy stool usually is not a reason to be concerned, but you should not take it easy and think that everything is OK with you and your health. 

This happened to me too, approximately 4 years ago. I do not remember what I eat that day (or the day before), but I do remember that I felt urgent need to go to the bathroom and only a very little amount of greenish oily liquid came out. Odd indeed and it has never happened again. Hope someone knows about it. Thank you.

Note: You can also check a related post @ https://www.steadyhealth.com/green_oily_droplets_in_stool_t99197.html

I have experienced orange oil in my stools every now and then. I discovered that this happens to some people after they eat fish. It seems to me that it happens to me after sushi. Your situation may be different. It could be something called steatorrhea.

Whenever the oil appears you should try to remember what you ate the night before and determine if there is a pattern.

When you have problems with your liver and pancreas, your body can't seperate the two. You need to see a doctor. My guess is you are either drinking too much or taking something that is causing liver damage!

This morning I woke up and used the restroom. All that came our was a little oil. I thought it was in my urine. Then tonight I was sitting in a chair watching a movie and i felt fluid. because I am on my mentrual cycle I thought oh no .... I went to check and it was orange on my pjs. I went to the rest room and there was a lot of oil. The only thing I did diffrent was had fish last night.

I was very worried until i found this site. Sorry for the grosh discription. I just wanted to thank thoes who posted replys to the question.

What is strange is I eat sushi all the time. And I never had a problem before when I ate fish. But it was a new type.

I had the same problem that most of you are disgussing. After some research, I discovered that my love of sushi was the culprit. If you love to eat "Super White" Tuna at Sushi resturants you may have an orange, oil discharge from the anus as well as other symptoms. The key is to limit the amount of Super White that you eat. Check it out on Wikipedia for more info. Happy Eating!

so did you take any medicine after experiencing those greasy or oily thing that comes out in your anus?? i totally have the same experience right now and what's worst is i cant control that oily thing to come out with my anus especially when i am farting! its so grosss and smells bad.. and its indeed true that i ate tuna with white meat..

guys what did you do after having greasy stool?? HELP.

oh my.. i was suffering from this as well. just a moment ago..
and just did a search on it.. and YES i'd also had FISH last night.. i hope this a the minor cause for my case.. %-)

My sister and I were just having a laughing fit, because we both experienced exactly the same thing yesterday morning. The one thing that we ate was sea bass. It must be the fish, we both had it and we both experienced the same bright yellow/orange oily substance in our bowel movements on the same day. What a disgusting experience, but thank goodness nothing to worry about!

Hope this solves the mystery for you guys! ;-)

It's the sea bass, whenever I eat sea bass I get this oil thing... but is this a problem?

I had the same symptom. This morning in fact. Looking back at what I ate and drank yesterday none of it was good for. All high fructose syrup, high caffine, high fat, and a moderate to large amount of alcohol. This was pretty scarry to find those orange drops. Glad to not be alone. From here on out I'm am no longer going to poison my body the way I did. I am young so this was especially startling. Yes, so much for the invincibility of youth.

Your fish was probably mis-labled (oops) oilfish:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/oilfish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escolar

The restaurant should be prosecuted.

OMG! i am experiencing this exact symptom (greasy, orange stools) right at at this very moment (no accompanying abdominal cramps, nausea or vomting). it bothered me a lot. i tried to google it and thank god i found this site. my father brought home a white tuna (it was a "diana tuna" accdg to him - i live in the philippines, btw) a few days back. i've had the fish for 3 days now (it's really good :-D ) so i guess that's the culprit.

i have a question, though. the oil expelled with the stools (and sometimes even during flatulence), is it purely from the fish? or does the fish or its oil cause any kind of fat malabsorption similar to when you take orlistat?

thanks for the really helpful post! :-D

This is exactly what happened to me. I had 6 big pieces of white tuna sushi sashimi and i have had the oil discharge for two days... yelowish orange. It was a bit scary. Thanks for posting.