Instead of having veins in my forearm that are visible or pop out a little they are sunken in. It doesn't bother me or hurt, or anything like that i just wanted to know why they are like that.. Please respond. Thanks

I have a sunken-in vein on my foot, too... I just noticed it today.

i recently have the same thing in my right forearm and hand.
all of my life my veins had always popped out, i too wonder why they are now sunken in.

i hope someone can answer this.

Hello there,

Well my brother is in body building and recently he has noticed that his veins are not sticking out like he has used to but instead they were sunken in somehow. His personal trainer told him that the reason for this is caffeine which he is consuming because it is narrowing down the veins and he mentioned that also some ingredients in supplements which he is using on a regular basis can be responsible for this.

And we have found out that this is usually happening if you have some fat on the top of your muscles so it is impossible for veins to stick out as they did before. This is all I know and I hope it helps.

This morning I noticed the veins in the backs of my hands were sunken, not just flat when they usually stick out to some degree. I noticed this during yet another episode of waking up with the feeling that my system had almost shut down and my blood pressure had dropped. While trying to muster some energy to be able to breathe properly and move to an upright position I was trying to move my arms and hands as I was too weak to move anything else and then I noticed that my hands seen from the side view were the flattest I'd ever seen them. Then when I looked at the backs of the hands face-on I saw that the veins were pitted, same shape as they usually are when sticking out only sunken in instead. I wonder if this is a confirmation of a low blood pressure/circulation. For a long term I've suspected myself of suffering from adrenal fatigue because of various symptoms I've been suffering for years, so it's interesting neron mentions caffeine as this an effect on the adrenal glands. I think when cortisol drops too low during the sleep of someone with adrenal exhaustion it causes the body to try and compensate and makes the heart rush and you wake up.

By the way my arm veins are not usually very visible apart from at my wrists. It is often difficult to take blood from me. I also suffer from postural hypotension, lack of stomach acid, dysmenorrhea, poor immune system, tendency to diarrhoea and low body temperature.

I've noticed sunken veins in another context: usually mine stick out, very rounded, but when I lift my leg and hold it up to rotate my ankles as an exercise for plantar fasciitis, then my veins essentially collapse inward and are very sunken.

Apparently, veins don't maintain their round shape when not filled with blood. This can happen by lifting the legs up, as in my case, or possibly by being severely dehydrated so as to decrease your blood volume, which can also lower your blood pressure.

Adrenal Fatigue is a 'myth' - you either have healthy adrenal glands, or you don't. Sounds to me like you may have Adrenal Insufficiency/Hypoadrenalism, (or Addison's Disease), and need your morning 9am blood cortisol level checked out. If you have AI you may need to go on low dose steroids (Hydrocortisone) for life.

I had someone tell me about sunken veins and they said it's related to the overall PH level of your body. They said they started drinking alkaline water and now there veins are back to normal. I have not tried this myself so make sure you read up on it first and maybe get your PH level checked somehow. My veins on my arms are large and sticking out sometimes and then the very next day, they are sunken. I have some high blood pressure and have found that by increasing potassium consumption that I have been able to lower it. - Jay D

weve got a doctor in the house LOL