My blood pressure is 79/31 . Why. It keeps getting lower and lower. I have high cholesterol (400). not on meds.

Here is some info on low blood pressure for you...

Low blood pressure is blood pressure that is so low that it is causing symptoms or signs due to the low flow of blood through the arteries and veins. When the flow of blood is too low to deliver enough oxygen and nutrients to vital organs such as the brain, heart, and kidney; the organs do not function normally and may be permanently damaged. It should be noted that unlike high blood pressure, which is defined on the basis of blood pressure alone, low blood pressure is defined primarily by signs and symptoms of low blood flow. In fact, some individuals may have a blood pressure of 90/50 and have no signs or symptoms of low blood pressure, and, therefore, not have low blood pressure while others who normally have a blood pressure of 130/80 may develop symptoms and signs of low blood pressure if their blood pressure drops to 100/60.

When your blood pressure is too low your organs may not be working properly or can cause damage to them. Some of the symptoms you may have are dizziness/fainting, chest pain (angina) or a possibility of kidney problems. Your best bet is to SEE YOUR DOCTOR to discuss possible treatments! Good luck and I hope this helps.

Jeannine

When I had the flu mostly diarreah/water I kept getting dizzy and ready to pass out but laid down in time not to fall. I went to the hospital and my blood pressure was so low that the first check couldn't even record. The 2nd attempt caught 79/29 and I was still dizzy standing up. They hydrated me and helped give me electrolytes and still sent me home with my blood pressure that low. I felt very close to death. But I kept eating and drinking and sleeping the next day and finally began to get better but even 2 days later I had trouble typing correctly. I feel back to normal now.