I got a chest x-ray and the result was : Suspicious linear densities seen in both upper lobes. Pulmonary vascular markings are within normal limits. Heart is not enlarged. Diapghragm and bony thorax are unremarkable.

Suggested an apicolordotic view for better evaluation. Is something wrong with me? What does it mean?

Would appreciate so much if you could answer my queries. Thank you so much!

This is just a preliminary evaluation of your lungs using the standard x-ray. The x-ray revealed, in both your upper lobes, elongated radio-opaque images that shouldn't be there. Your radiologist isn't sure yet if these are true lesions or if they are just artifacts introduced during film development. So they need to take a more precise x-ray (the apicolordotic view) to confirm. I answered a similar question on this website on Nov 15, 08 under the topic "Apicolordotic view". You can refer to my previous answer for more information.

Thank you so much for a very clear explanation and information. At least it lessen my worries. I'm scared of seeing my doctor for fear of a negative news. With your information, I have mustered enough courage to face and do whatever suggestions and additional examinations my doctor would recommend. Again, thank you.

thnx hoseclamps i learned from u coz my husband after his medical 2 days ago was also asked this apico lordotic view..but prior to that on june when he haD his chest x-ray exm, the dr. found some problem it that's why he was given a medicine to take for two or three days, very expensive med and when he came back again to undergo x-ray he was cleared by his dr. for the said problem. july 30, he underwent x-ray(medical reqt for abroad) again bec he transferred to other agency and here's the requirement for him to undergo apico lordotic, maybe his dr. found some problem as a result of the previous problem, though it was being cured....hope no other problem comes out..ty

what is Fibroids both upper lobes?

i recently had sma syndrome surgery and i am reading my dr notes on discharge papers and see my dr noted i had linear densities in my medial right lower lung. can someone please tell me what this means? thanks

How to prevent this one?

Hi just thinking if i can get to work if the result is this? Thank you

plsss can i know which name of medicine he was taken that made his xray cleared?plss can u tell me the name of that medicine?uank u so much..god bless us

and can i know which place are u?i really wanna get that same medicine...im so stressed thinking what medicine will clear my xray problem..there is linear densities there in the result i'm honking to have medicine to remove it...thank you...